The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on the basis that it's very unlikely but is it outwith the realms of possibility for QOTSA to play 3rd down on the pyramid? If they can take a sub spot at Download i reckon they would take 3rd at Glastonbury on the pyramid. Means that they are playing a different spot from last time and with rumours still going that Dave Grohl could be playing with them most people would be rather happy with it.

I went to gig on the green ten years ago. QOTSA and Foos on the same stage and no he didn't play with them.

I always thought if there was any gig it couldnt be easier for him to appear with them then it was that. My mates still have that excitement whenever they see queens that dave might turn up, I sadly don't.

To those who have a dislike to Flo, I have a little story about her. Many years ago when she was about 17 and doing the little south London gigging circuit (New Cross, Elephant & Castle, art uni bars etc) she did a gig, and back then I'm not sure if it's the same now, but she always used to get STUPIDLY drunk on JD. She also tended to jump on the bar and sort of squawl drunkenly into arty hipster people's faces. She also used to ride her crappy old bike home back to her mum's gaff in Dulwich from every gig.

So one day she's playing a gig, gets to drunk and the proprietors even though are good friends with her decide its not worth their license and tell her to scoot post gig. Cue her jumping onto her bicycle in the nightclub and cycling it around the largeish crowd. I was working there and being a floor gofer, emptying bins, picking up bottles etc and the bitch ran straight over my foot breaking two of my toes. I was in utter AGONY and she just laughed. Security chucked her and her bike out and she never played there again (probably because she started playing arenas and hanging out with Hollywood starlets)

So yes, she isn't just annoying but she also breaks people's toes. :(

• 4 weeks later...