Tickets on sale Sunday 7 Oct

Guest AnnaGrant

Because I'm in Australia, would I be correct in thinking it'll be easier to get tickets if I call up the international bookings line rather than rely on trying to get them through the SeeTickets wesite?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought it would be easier..as the numbers calling the international line must be way lower than the UK line , and the demand must be lower than the website

But it could be 1 person manning the international line..who knows, like Yoghurt says I'd do both..you might get through first time on the website..or you might not and might get through first call on the phone!

I've got a cunning plan for T day....I work for an American based company and my internet connectivity for my work laptop goes through a VPN into the business network over the Altantic and then out via an American IP address (I know this is true as my 'location' when using this route is always Arkansas!!).

I'm sure I've read that historically overseas buyers have had less frustration getting tickets than UK based buyers - can anyone verify this?

If its true, looks like I'll be having my home laptop and work laptop fired up and ready to go!!

If worse comes to the worse, looks like it's volunteering with Oxfam again :-)

I had five different phone connections dialling and redialling and none got through. What I can say is, you can't underestimate the international demand (Or the possibility that they never even opened the international booking either). Also, I'm pretty sure there were locals who tried calling the international number too.

Crashed my car last night and seeing this thread has made me realise there is more to life... :D

Slightly aggrieved that if there was infact a Glastonbury this year I would have been at it and therefore wouldn't have crashed. Oh the irony!

So do I, the amount of tickets given to touts was disgusting. Standing at the 02 was gone in 30 seconds!

Surely if it sells out in 2 hours it's not that hard? Not getting ahead of myself here, although I suppose it could be two hours of trying to queue for tickets!

Best get the camera out for my registration photo some time soon!

I'm running a half-marathon on Tickets Day. I remember the same thing happened a few years back. I was nervous all of the way around and all the more relieved to hear that we'd got them!

I'll just have to write-up a detailed plan of attack and leave it for my friends to follow!

The last two years (Oct 2009 & Oct 2010) I've been off to an Arsenal game the same day, 2009 (for the 2010 festival) I got through straight away..luckily as I had to leave quite early (playing Blackburn on a 1.30pm kick off) .but in 2010 I couldn't get through and left my details with my mate who luckily rang me when I was at the train station to tell me he had got through. I left at 11am (we had Chelsea away) and he got through just after.

This year we have West Ham away, so hopefully it won't get moved to a Sunday by Sky or ESPN!

Yes, doing the same thing this year too. Swopping details with mates here in Birmingham (well somebody's got to live here!) and other mates in London. I've also been told that somebody can get me a free hospitality ticket in if I don't get one on T day. I just can't risk that falling through though so would rather pay. That said, the bloke and his misses got free hospitality tickets last year and sauntered onto the site no problem. He said he'd be doing it again this year and expected no hitches.

He said he'd be doing it again this year and expected no hitches.

I think I've said before that you need to be careful of these sorts of promises - the tickets tend to get confirmed late (tho it depends on his source) which means there's no fall back if they don't come thru - hence me always buying my own ticket.

Not only that, they've been known to have the occasional purge on 'blaggers' since they cracked down on blaggers when they had to start sticking to the licenced number - so it's never 100% that the source who had spare tickets last year will have them this year. But of course some sources will be better than others.

I think I've said before that you need to be careful of these sorts of promises - the tickets tend to get confirmed late (tho it depends on his source) which means there's no fall back if they don't come thru - hence me always buying my own ticket.

Not only that, they've been known to have the occasional purge on 'blaggers' since they cracked down on blaggers when they had to start sticking to the licenced number - so it's never 100% that the source who had spare tickets last year will have them this year. But of course some sources will be better than others.

I suppose if everyone chucks their £50 into a nominated account then it will be fine, as long as that person doesn't mind everyone having their card details. Then if you don't get through that person can chuck the money back in everyones accounts.

Although if everyone starts booking 8 tickets at a time I can see it selling out very fast!

Seems more than a coincidence to me, seems like a gentlemen's price fixing agreement

It could be. I don't discount it.

But it might be something far more honest, of Michael not wanting to be more expensive than the nearest equivalent on these shores, while perhaps having decided to not be cheaper either as he runs the bigger/better fest.

Because Glasto doesn't work on a standard commercial basis it's probably the case that it could be a fair bit cheaper than the likes of Reading (tho of course that would mean less available for the causes), so Michael might simply be using Reading's price as the benchmark for setting his own.

I know from a convo I once had (which I've no reason to dis-believe) with one of the senior staff that Michael had to be talked into a hike in price beyond inflation, on the basis that "festival inflation" was at a higher level, as shown by the price rises of other fests. This was about 5 years ago.

So while I don't discount your idea, from the little I know of Michael's character the alternative I've laid out there sounds like a Michael type of thing to do.