was VIP worth it?

Guest ed1992

thinking of doing VIP next year.

didn't go VIP this year but seen posts on FB saying it was good.

did any have vip tickets on here?

also, whats boutique like? saw some of the tents but wasn't close enough to see what they were like.

Its the first time ive been VIP camping at any festival. I thought it was great

- having showers was a nice way to wash the hangover away but the morning ques are inevitable. I just went in the afternoon, between 2 and 5pm i just walked straight in.

- the toilets were nice too but got a bit wrecked by saturday/sunday. was still good having a proper flushing toilet and sinks to brush your teeth in.

- The VIP area was just right, couple of places to eat, bar, lots of seating and a little bit of entertainment.

- Loved the breakfast bus, went there every morning. Eggs Benedict and a hangover cure smoothy mmmmmm

- You couldn't hear much once you went into the VIP area from the main arena, wish was good. Meant you could get away from the rif raf and take a break if you felt like it

- The distance between the VIP campsite and the main arena was the best part. 2 minute walk from the tent to the main stage. Ive been to festivals before where it takes at least half an hour to do so. meaning i could easily nip back and grab a couple of beers of use the 'posh' toilets

The reason i chose VIP is because of the Rockness Express package and was impressed with it. Apart from the return train journey, that sucked balls

Never been VIP camping at any festival and I have been to a few, but it was totally worth it particularly for me as I got it as part of the early bird tickets and then Rockness Express upgrade so I am all in for £199 plus booking fees.

That said if I go next year and I really want to go next year, then I will definitely pay for the VIP, right next to the arena, nice VIP bar "real" toilets which I never saw a queue at, well not for the gents and when there was a queue at the ladies they used the stalls in the gents, which was fine with the men in fact I said to a girl in there: "seen anything you like?". Also I maybe wrong, however they seemed to close all the main bars down at midnight on the Sunday all except the VIP bar that is so we had nice warm-down drink in there until 03.00 on the Sunday.

Only thing you could possibly moan about was the queues for the showers, now I never had a shower at a festival and I would like to retain my 100% record, every time I was at my tent and I was camped very close to the showers there was a massive queue even up until 16.00 or 17.00.

VIP was awesome this year... although going up on the Rockness Express and the return journey was harsh.. very harsh... great camping spot, loved the showers on day one, little less on day two.. didn't bother for the rest of the time.. babywipes! Bar was great, who was the female DJ playing in there on Saturday night till the end of the music in there? She was proper smashing it in there..will deffo VIP it next year.. unsure about Rockness Express though.. if they did it as a sleeper I would be up for it still !

VIP was brilliant BUT.. MY god ity was so close to the arena the after burner thump went through me.... I would have preferred it not to be so close to that but al in all was worth the extra the Dj in the VIP bar was great.. toilets fab.. showers magic .. ques way too large though...

One thing against the RockNess express, our campsite neighbours had to be packed up and away for 7am on the Monday, bit harsh. Would be interested to see if they did a Scotland one though, sure they would get plenty from Glasgow/Edinburgh/Perth. Would be a darnsite more comfy than the Happybus was anyway.

VIP campsite a fair trek from the bus drop off points, which was a bugger for us, but better for those driving as it had its own carpark right next to it. The Monday trek was all uphill, but at least we were lighter doing it haha

Couldn't argue with the 2 minute walk to the arena though, excellent. Showers were the main reason i went VIP, they are amazing first thing, I managed to get them just as they were getting unlocked on the Saturday morning, Sunday went at same time and had to queue for about 15 minutes. More flushing toilets this year too, and never seemed to run out of bogroll either, got maintained fairly regularly it seemed too.

While the 2 minutes to arena was good for access it was also a nightmare for when you wanted to get some kip - afterburner never seemed to end, then the bloomin fairground rides.

I've only been to RockNess for the last two years, and done VIP for both so don't have anything to compare it against, but i think its worth the ticket price, and if you get the earlybird then its cheaper than a normal weekend camping ticket would be anyway.

• 2 weeks later...