2013?

Guest Whittick

Why?

Bestival is not really a haven for Indie bands is it? especially ones as melancholy (The Cure exempt) as Arcade Fire! and dont get me wrong if they were headlining the Other Stage at Glastonbury I would be there.

I would not want to second guess RDB but would be suprised if hes looking at them for next year!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are but I'm saying should AF head n Mumford sub, I'd expect that combo. Thing is for Mumford to sub, it kinda put's them 3rd at R&L like and I don't think they'll play below 2nd. A lot of bands now will go higher to stop V getting them like The Vaccines.

They are but I'm saying should AF head n Mumford sub, I'd expect that combo. Thing is for Mumford to sub, it kinda put's them 3rd at R&L like and I don't think they'll play below 2nd. A lot of bands now will go higher to stop V getting them like The Vaccines.

Edited by LondonTom

...look at the rest of the line up. Bestival is not just going to start booking huge bands left right an centre, I'd guess that Stevie is a bit bigger then the normal as Florence and New Order probably costing a little less (I'm making this assumption based on some comments from Neil in regards to New Order and the fact that it's one of the first bigger UK headline slots for FATM)... although correct me if you know otherwise,

AF are not way too big. They sold the same venue out that Stevie Wonder sold out, who also played Glasto the same weekend.

Mumford & Sons and Daft Punk/Depeche Mode(neither probs will), would be having one big headliner and two smaller. Even when Rock Ness messed up and put Daft Punk in 07 in the tent same time as The Chem Bros (which inevitably shown that Punk were far bigger), the crowd was still only approx 30k.

...look at the rest of the line up. Bestival is not just going to start booking huge bands left right an centre, I'd guess that Stevie is a bit bigger then the normal as Florence and New Order probably costing a little less (I'm making this assumption based on some comments from Neil in regards to New Order and the fact that it's one of the first bigger UK headline slots for FATM)... although correct me if you know otherwise,

Edited by hawkzred

The Cure headlined Bestival last year and they have sold 30million or so albums, this years Stevie Wonders playing!...... I really dont think Arcade Fire are too big for Bestival.

In reality Bjork, Prodigy, Primal Scream (in uk at least) are better know acts than Arcade Fire; although there will be demand for them at festivals next year.

Not necessarily, they've not tried and seem to prefer doing the occasional massive show. And considering the level of devotion the fanbase has, the number who'd buy tickets to every date means they probably could, but we can't know for sure and are unlikely ever to.

I disagree with that part, if that was the case the Reading & Leeds day tickets would have already sold out. Although a own show and festival are different considering tixs for their Royal Albert Show were going for upto 5x face value and day tickets are much cheaper shows that the reason they can shift tixs for the odd arena show is due to how limited their shows are and once tixs are in mass is when they have trouble.

It's speculation, but they sold out Wembley Arena instantly back in 08. They couldn't regularly manage full arena tours, but I'm sure they could manage one.

Also, festivals can put people off. For seeing one particular band I tend to prefer gigs to festivals, festivals just have a better overall experience.

Edited by jump

I disagree with that part, if that was the case the Reading & Leeds day tickets would have already sold out. Although a own show and festival are different considering tixs for their Royal Albert Show were going for upto 5x face value and day tickets are much cheaper shows that the reason they can shift tixs for the odd arena show is due to how limited their shows are and once tixs are in mass is when they have trouble.

Edited by hawkzred