Drug seizures at Bestival

Guest hawkzred

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither do I any more I did back in the day, I say back in the day it was about 3 years ago I knew someone from Canada and someone in Asia (not the group ASIA).

Take note of what Neil_Hill_1 said above and dont try to sneak weed in if you have anything else more serious on you, weed sticks so bad you dont really need a dog to smell that, seriously though usually smelt on your clothes not the actual stash.

I encountered sniffer dogs for the first time at the IoW Festival this year. I approached the gate and saw three of them on duty.

As I walked past mine I must have taken leave of my senses. It was a lovely looking dog and I stopped, smiled and said: "Hello Beautiful" and stroked its head and then walked on. I'd gone about six feet past when the police dog dog handler called me and said "Excuse me sir." I turned, terrified, and he said "Yes, she is lovely."

Fortunately on my way down I'd been to the loo and had rinsed my hands with antiseptic gel just before I got to the gate.

Thank you god.

Edited by grumpyhack

I encountered sniffer dogs for the first time at the IoW Festival this year. I approached the gate and saw three of them on duty.

As I walked past mine I must have taken leave of my senses. It was a lovely looking dog and I stopped, smiled and said: "Hello Beautiful" and stroked its head and then walked on. I'd gone about six feet past when the police dog dog handler called me and said "Excuse me sir." I turned, terrified, and he said "Yes, she is lovely."

Fortunately on my way down I'd been to the loo and had rinsed my hands with antiseptic gel just before I got to the gate.

Thank you god.

Sniffer dogs 75% false positive results, police use them to search who they want and to put the fear of god into people who dont know the figures. However as I said previously you dont need a dog to smell weed!

I often wonder what happened to this case:

http://www.release.org.uk/campaigns/current-campaigns/sniffer-dogs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/libertycentral/2009/aug/14/sniffer-dogs-drug-search

I read a great search / stash story on here I think, where a guy had his stash in a jar in marmite as the dogs would never smell it over that and they did not, however they took the marmite off him at the gate as it was made of glass, genius

Reminds me of Reading 08 when i had forgotton the no glass rule and casually sauntered in carrying a tesco wine carrier with six glass bottles while the girl next to me was having her single portion jar of marmalade confiscated in case she started a riot with it!

Also remembered a van of sniffer dogs parking next to our car on ferry to Bestival 09 which was a bit concerning, however they took no notice - must have been off duty I guess!

Sniffer dogs 75% false positive results, police use them to search who they want and to put the fear of god into people who dont know the figures. However as I said previously you dont need a dog to smell weed!

I often wonder what happened to this case:

http://www.release.o...ns/sniffer-dogs

http://www.guardian....ogs-drug-search

I read a great search / stash story on here I think, where a guy had his stash in a jar in marmite as the dogs would never smell it over that and they did not, however they took the marmite off him at the gate as it was made of glass, genius

• 3 weeks later...

I dont really smoke weed but i wanted to bring in some mkat for personal use , do you think a dog proof bag (or just a sandwich bag then wrapped in sellotape) and then pushed into a sun tan lotion bottle would get past these dam dogs. Or would you say buy it when you get there and let someone else risk in it , in this case how easily available are they and how much more expensive?

• 3 weeks later...

This outlet says these bags are smell proof;

http://www.shivahead...gies/index.html

However they used to do a plastic bag with a tin film which you ironed shut with a clothes iron. This was a much better smell proof bag because it combined the heat seal of the plastic as well as the impermeability of the metal film. Just the ticket for stopping salmon from smelling your bag out. I'd contact them to see if they can still get them. I bought a large bag and just keep on cutting it to suit and ironing the corners. I have even been in the presence of dogs with this product and not once did they smell the maloderous salmon smell coming out of the bag.