Drug seizures at Bestival

Guest hawkzred

This is an interesting read on drug seizures at Bestival...

http://ventnorblog.com/2012/05/21/bestival-and-isle-of-wight-festival-top-uk-

festival-drug-seizures/http://www.guardian....festivals-drugs

Bestival top in three out of four years

In all four of the years where the figures are available, Bestival tops the charts, with the exception of last year (2011) where the amount seized plummeted to less than a quarter of the previous year (£78,802.10 to £18,478.82).

Bestival tops the lot, although I am sure this is down to the thoroughness of security/police at the gates on arrival.

Edited by hawkzred

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the double entendre on 'knowing where is a good place to hide them if you were that way inclined'. Choosing the less obvious perspective of the afore mentioned, it would be difficult to shove a festival fulls worth of gear up your ar*e, unless of course you have a hole like a wizards sleeve.

• 1 month later...

I was caught last year with mdma by the rozzers at the gate. the sniffers dogs didnt smell that, they smelt some weed that was smoked near the tent a week prior (the little clever nosed f*ckwits). so, as a result i was cough cough searched. i admitted what i had and after an hour of them searching 'every' nook and cranny i was let back into the festival. i had to come back to the island (from saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauth lon-don) 2 months later on to be formally interviewed.

they had 400 people coming back to the station to be interviewed around the time that i was there.

anyway, the moral of the story is dont get caught.

Edited by neil_hill_1

I was caught last year with mdma by the rozzers at the gate. the sniffers dogs didnt smell that, they smelt some weed that was smoked near the tent a week prior (the little clever nosed f*ckwits). so, as a result i was cough cough searched. i admitted what i had and after an hour of them searching 'every' nook and cranny i was let back into the festival. i had to come back to the island (from saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauth lon-don) 2 months later on to be formally interviewed.

they had 400 people coming back to the station to be interviewed around the time that i was there.

anyway, the moral of the story is dont get caught.

they had just one, but if it was stood after all the ticket entrance gates in a narrow entrance. that dog was smelling everyone going past.

on saying that, when i came out from my arrest the dogs were in their kennels with non on patrol. so i presume they do it for periods at a time and maybe after catching a few naughty people.

i got a caution, ill never carry again. but i always said that if i was caught that would be the case.

but i am in no way condoning the use of drugs. drugs are bad, and do them at your own peril :s

That's a very good idea for pills but not great if you need to take in a whole shed load of mushrooms (the button type - obviously). Unfortunately there's the bulk factor with shrooms in largish quantities. Could put them through some sort of grinding machine I suppose, something that would reduce them to powder. I wonder if the large pepper shaker I have would do such a thing? Mind you I could still be here this time next year trying to ground the little b*stards down!