House Music

bamber

17 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

ok, not strictly house but..

sadly we add David Mancuso to the awful roll call of 2016.  i never heard him dj, but i remember reading about him around 15 years ago in that book 'last night a dj saved my life' and thought what he did and the way he went about it sounded right up my street.

many of the pieces about him this week have thrown up some amazing records (i just spent best part of £20 to get a copy of Rare Earth's 23 minute live version of Get Ready), and it's from those articles that i add this song

i mean.... :) 

That is an utterly fantastic book and opened my eyes to a lot of wonderful things. Their how to dj properly book is utterly essential reading as well for any wanna be dj.

I have a few loft tapes somewhere by David Mancusco. He mixes on them as well rather than playing the tunes in full, which he made a big thing about. He was a true pioneer and someone who will never get the credit he deserves. I did bot know he had passed away till I read you post mate. I am thinking of going that disco night at Albert Hall on NYE, I will raise a glass for him then. He was a party and music man. His memory should be celebrated not mourned.

As for not being strictly house, I would say his music is closer to what defined house than what it has actually evolved into. House is feeling, not a 4 to the floor drum beat.

On 20/11/2016 at 0:10 PM, eastynh said:

That is an utterly fantastic book and opened my eyes to a lot of wonderful things. Their how to dj properly book is utterly essential reading as well for any wanna be dj.

I have a few loft tapes somewhere by David Mancusco. He mixes on them as well rather than playing the tunes in full, which he made a big thing about. He was a true pioneer and someone who will never get the credit he deserves. I did bot know he had passed away till I read you post mate. I am thinking of going that disco night at Albert Hall on NYE, I will raise a glass for him then. He was a party and music man. His memory should be celebrated not mourned.

As for not being strictly house, I would say his music is closer to what defined house than what it has actually evolved into. House is feeling, not a 4 to the floor drum beat.

Agree with you here totally. I only DJ for my own fun but it's definitely done on feeling over any particular genre or style of music. 

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What type of stuff do you feel mate?

ah, always hard to describe, but i love stuff of any genre that gets you up and moving, or gets your head nodding while sat in your comfy spot.  stuff that takes you over and gets your eyes rolling back and grinning like a loon.  whatever sounds i can find to translate that.  but trying to sum it up in words never does it justice :D 

this just arrived today

On 24/11/2016 at 9:04 PM, fatyeti24 said:

ah, always hard to describe, but i love stuff of any genre that gets you up and moving, or gets your head nodding while sat in your comfy spot.  stuff that takes you over and gets your eyes rolling back and grinning like a loon.  whatever sounds i can find to translate that.  but trying to sum it up in words never does it justice :D 

this just arrived today

The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb, Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Engelbert Humperdinck, or the Rare Earth.

Gil Scott Heron. The Revolution Will Not be Televised

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Place.

This Place is the last Bastion.

All other "Social Media" is Evil.

I have withdrawn, from all of it, except here.

Everyone who wants to can broadcast their inner monologue to the world, not good. Not good at all. even the President of the USA. Not good.

We are not evolved for this. Unprepared. Come kick me......