Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

I think Friday it was around 4/5pm on the main stages. Not entirely sure as I can't find the programme. They're open on Thursday this year though so it might start earlier as there'll be more people there at the start of Friday

That's pretty late isn't it? Still I'm not complaining, gives me the majority of the afternoon to get mashed. :)

Well that was just the Friday because most people were coming in on the Friday afternoon. It's probably not gonna be the same this year as they've allowed Thursday entry and have a seemingly full bill on Friday so it'll probably be the normal 1pm-ish time.

Yeah that makes sense. Should be good either way, bit annoying that Beck and Jon Hopkins are clashing though.

The main two stages flip flop - so the acts on each stage don't clash. Eg. Tom Odell finishes then Jon Hopkins starts, and as he finishes Beck starts. It's just a couple of minutes walk between the two stages.

That is excellent news! Are you going this year DP?

Not this year, though I wish I was as it seems to be the best overall lineup they've done so far. I've been recommending the festival as much as possible though as on top of the lineup it's got a great atmosphere and it's really cool if you get to explore the village.

Shame you're not going this year. It does sound really good from your description and others that I've heard.

Yep. Well it's the same tent so it needs to. :P

Ha brilliant!

I had feared a Beck vs Jon Hopkins vs Todd Terje mega-clash but this means I can see all 3! Excellent!

Does anyone have the timings from last year? I realise they obviously wont be the same, but I just wanted to get a feel for when some stages actually run. What sort of time they finish etc. etc.

For example I think the Estuary stage last act was 8pm last year...

• 4 weeks later...