Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

Another good headliner and I would have bought a ticket, but there's not enough on there to fork out £170 for

It's a shame, as it's local

Are you The Prisoner? :P

Luckily I won tickets, otherwise I would be annoyed about the price - for an extra £60 it doesn't get close to last year's. There seems to have been much uncertainty this year so I hope it's back next year with a lineup to satisfy all, looks a wonderful festival.

My main gripe is that it looks as though MBV and JCC clash, and Wire and Manics also, whereas Friday I'm pretty free, which isn't always a bad thing but it's annoying when there are big clashes the other days!

they tried to get the pixies but failed and more recently Hot Chip so it looks like James Blake has been bumped up, weird as Chic are bigger than all 3 headliners

Hmm, really, the pixies? That's interesting! Would imagine, though, that they're looking to promote their new album via their autumn tour ....

Btw, Portmerion is a fascinating place - well worth a visit , if you've never been!

• 2 weeks later...

Are The Manics and Johnny Marr going to clash?!

Unlikely, if it's the same as last year. Stage No 6 and the i stage were very close together. As one stage was being used the other was being set up for the next artist. I didn't realise this on the Friday night, and it was very odd at the end of Richard Hawley when everyone disappeared out of the tent. I strolled up to the barrier to wait for Spiritualized.

Due to a change of plans, I have four tickets to Festival Number 6 for sale. We bought them at the discounted rate for people who had been to the first festival and so are selling them at £159 each - (£636 for the four) a saving of £30 on the current price and booking fee... We are sad we can't go, but if you are interested in the tickets drop me a line.

• 2 weeks later...
Free ticket to Festival Number 6 anyone?

Hi,

I have a spare weekend ticket (with camping) to Festival Number 6 in Portmeirion this weekend.

What I don’t have is a lift for me and my girlfriend from London to the festival on friday morning and back on monday.

You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours.

Quite happy to let anyone have this spare ticket for FREE in exchange for a lift there and back, we’ll even share the petrol cost. Can’t say fairer than that!

The Staves have had to cancel their performance because of the weather. Sounds like it's very rainy there.

Yep. Really bad weather, many fled on the Sunday morning/afternoon. The main arena wasn't opened until 2pm due to the conditions so practically all acts in there before then were cancelled as well as the whole day on a couple of other stages. Never the less; the music was great, the scenery was outstanding, the festival was well run and the only downfall was the downpour

Yep. Really bad weather, many fled on the Sunday morning/afternoon. The main arena wasn't opened until 2pm due to the conditions so practically all acts in there before then were cancelled as well as the whole day on a couple of other stages. Never the less; the music was great, the scenery was outstanding, the festival was well run and the only downfall was the downpour

Agree with the above. Weather was bad but all in all a fantastic festival. Disappointed that I missed wire

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, I'm going to Festival No. 6 this year

I was wondering how late music has ran in previous years?

Are we looking at an 11pm curfew on the stages? If so, is there any music playing into the early hours?

Thanks

If I remember right the bands finished about 11:30 but the dance areas go til 3

We're going this year for the first time and I was hoping for some tips on going with a toddler.

I understand we can't drive all the way and need to get on a shuttle bus. Are we allowed to take quite a bit of stuff on the bus - folding trolley, etc? And can we do more than one trip on the bus if we need to?

And I read that there is family camping - does that need to be pre-booked? And do we HAVE to use that? If we like the look of a camping spot away from the family bit, will we be allowed there with a one-year old?

Any other info re taking little ones will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I'm new, so I really hope this doesn't break any rules, just telling people about our ticket competition giving away tickets to Festival Number 6 (I'm not selling anything!)

Never Enough Notes is giving away weekend camping tickets!, just comment on the article and tag a mate. http://www.neverenoughnotes.co.uk/2014/06/festival-6-win-weekend-camping-tickets/

Good luck and I'll hopefully see you there.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...