Festival Number 6 - Portmeirion, Wales

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

is there likely to any more bands confirmed or is the lineup pretty much done n dusted??

I'd say there's some more bands to come. There's a lack of acts who could fill slots immediately below the headliners.

Was interested to see ATP using the No 6 logo on Facebook, I didn't know they were involved in the promotion.

• 3 weeks later...

Local Native have cancelled - and some new artists (that I don't know yet) seems to have been added lately.

Still worried about the weather, can't decide to book my flight as every week-end brings images of festivals full of mud and rain :fie:

Local Native have cancelled - and some new artists (that I don't know yet) seems to have been added lately.

Still worried about the weather, can't decide to book my flight as every week-end brings images of festivals full of mud and rain :fie:

where you hearing the news about Local Natives?

For Local Natives, they (number 6) commented the info on their fb page when someone asked.

It looks like Alt+J has disappeared of the line up as well?

For a new festival, they're lacking a bit of communication skills on the cancelling part - that happens in all the festivals and I think the right choice is to make the news clear and try to get a good replacement act when possible! Hiding the fact that a band leaves the bill is a bit strange.

Edited by ShootSpeed

• 2 weeks later...

I've read on their fb that camping will only be open from Friday til monday morning:

"The campsite will not be open until Friday 14th but it will be open until Monday morning."

Is there anyone going from Chester with Big Green Coach? I just can't find the departing and return time and for the moment, that's quite a problem to book the whole trip, not knowing the exact hours.

Also, is there someone booking a tent out of the festival site? I've never been to a fest where you can book an already made tent and just wonder how it goes, do they put all those similar tents altogether? Can you chose where is yours?

The campsite not opening until Friday morning seemed a bit crazy as everyone will be trying to get on site at the same time. I emailed them about it but no reply as yet. It might not be too bad though because after a bit of investigation, it appears the capacity for this is only about 8000 so not tens of thousands fighting for camping spots!

It's still not great for people travelling a long distance epecially by public transport, but there quite a few campsites in that area if they're not already booked up for Thursday.

I'm pretty lucky in that I live close enough to be there in an hour.

It's expensive but so easy you just turn up with your essentials and they show you to your tent you get the one they allocate you but they're all the same so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for making it clearer.

I'm having a look at the music lists... who are Gang Colours, Greatwaves, Charlie Boyer, Aurora Percussion Duo, Tom Odell, Splashh, Tempest Flure Trio? They is probably some good acts among them, but I don't know any of them.

What is Primal Scream playing this summer? Wondering if that'll be Screamadelica or a bit of everything? (not that I didn't like Screamadelica's shows, but I'd love to hear more songs from XTRMNTR for instance).

Thanks for making it clearer.

I'm having a look at the music lists... who are Gang Colours, Greatwaves, Charlie Boyer, Aurora Percussion Duo, Tom Odell, Splashh, Tempest Flure Trio? They is probably some good acts among them, but I don't know any of them.

What is Primal Scream playing this summer? Wondering if that'll be Screamadelica or a bit of everything? (not that I didn't like Screamadelica's shows, but I'd love to hear more songs from XTRMNTR for instance).

I don't know any of the lineup apart from Primal scream, new order and clock opera, kinda liking this way as the will be no pressure to get stages at certain times and the won't be any annoying clashes

If there are no clash, I could probably see:

friday

BSP, The Pictish Trail, Richard Hawley, Andrew Weatherall

saturday

King Creosote, Prrrrimal Scream, Death in Vegas

sunday

New Order, Gruff Rhys, Tim Burgess

And now, I need to book what's left + listen to a few more bands. I realize it's exactly in a month!

Is the timetable available somewhere? King Creosote Vs Primal Scream would be a bad clash, but I'll chose Primal Scream again for sure! Hope they'll play Shoot Speed Kill Light. And new stuff maybe?

I still haven't got any news from Ticketline about my tickets, have you got your real ticket yet?

Waiting for ticket, trains booked, Chester stop decided, tent booked! It seems like I'm on my way for it.

Any advice about the comedy & Literature event? I must admit I only know Stuart Maconie. I'm not sure to understand much of the Comedy acts but that seems a good occasion to get to know a bit of it...

Expect some Screamadelica songs in amongst the likes of Swastika Eyes, Accelerator, Shoot Speed, a couple of new tunes (2012 and the excellent Relativity), and the usual populist encore of c**try Girl / Jailbird / Rocks.