Hackney Weekend :D

Guest LondonTom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think the headliners are on at roughly the same time. During the day it is staggered with overlaps from one stage to another.

Last year there was 9 acts per day on the main stage and 8 on the second, so hopefully there will be some more artists to be added to the current 7 acts per day.

Awesome!!! Did almost forget this was going be over a couple of stages :lol:

Things look okish atm for me, as long as the saturday special guest is no one I love! :P

Bit disappointed with Flo Rida being high up on the other stage, someone I would prehaps gone seen :P

and sunday!! Magnetic Man into Chase & Status looks awesome!

Edited by LondonTom

Yeah but look at In New Music We Trust ;) Move about and you get to see pretty set of acts in a day!

and BOOM http:///s/hackney2012 if anyone cares that much :P (Based on the site saying entertainment starts 1 and curfew at 11, so finished acts 10:45, obviously some stages will probs start/end latter than others maybe :P)

Looks good for me so far! Should get everyone in (bit worried about Nero/Ed prehaps clashing)

Any rumours for the special guests? With kanye playing with jay z the night before (the saturday) is he likely? An urban act would be in keeping with the wider line-up but it's following ed sheeran and before kasabian so maybe not? Anyone else? The equivalent slot on the sunday so it should a fairly big artist...

Have the special guests remained a secret until the very last minute or have they been 'leaked' in the past?

• 2 weeks later...

All this talk of Nicki Minaj doing the Sunday is just daft surely? The special guest slot would finish the same time that she would have to be on stage 10 miles away? I will be very surprised if she did the Sunday. Saturday seems more reasonable, she's free after Thursday night. Also I think I'm just living in hope Kanye is going to be there. They finish there Watch the Throne tour the night before so Kanye will still be about but whether he will make an appearance is a different question

Edited by lacney

Might be Nicki Minaj the day before if shes not doing anything then? rather than two days the same :P....................And Kanye could just come with Jay Z, i would see the point in putting the special guest before Kasabian if thats not where they are going...

Question for locals.

What's the best way to get from Stratford Train Station to the festival entrance? Same for going home?

Need to get the 23:35 train back from Stratford.

Could be tight with the mass rush all leaving at once, but that's the last train & misses has to work 8:00am Sunday. Don't want to miss any Jay-Z though

Apparently there will be a shuttle bus from Stratford Regional (Presume it will leave from the Westfields/Stratford city bus stop rather the main entrance), I'll imagine this will get pretty packed and depending on route/trafic could take a while.

I think I am going head on to Hackney Wick or Homerton on the London Overground (The orange overground services (on tube map) run by TFL/London Ungerground) from Stratford. It's about a 20 minute walk from them.

You could also go to Leyton on the central line and its about a 20 minute walk from there to :P.

I'll imagine it be sign posted for people.

Just had a look and if the route via the Olympic Park is open, that's a 40 minute walk from Stratford...but not entirely sure that will be open then! In fact I really doubt it!

Edited by LondonTom