Hackney Weekend :D

Guest LondonTom

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we thinking there's likely to be any/many more added? Going to the saturday largely for jack white, the maccabees and jay z but a lot of the rest i have no desire for/won't be able to persuade the wife to tolerate so hoping for some indy/guitar acts? I mean i'm not expecting radiohead or anything but i've remembered previous radio one events to have a little more of that genre? If not it's only £2.50!

Edited by DJL

They had arctic monkeys open it last year and that was announced/found out about like the day before, so hopefully something like that will happen.:) And it does say more, it does look a little more on the teen pop than usual to.

But as you said at 2.50, even if Jack white and the Maccabees only suit your fancy on the day well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Second year on trot for me - Saturday at Carlisle last year, Sunday in Hackney this. Last year was pure luck of the draw, this year took a bit more perseverence with refreshing internet links, but looking forward to it nevertheless. Hackney Sunday line-up is uncannily similar to Carlisle Saturday line-up, with the substantial loss of the Foos and Arctic Monkeys. Hoping that the yet to be revealed special guests are at least the calibre of the Arctics.

That's rather annoying, i mean i know it's only 2.50 but having asked us to pick a day then moving one of the bigger artists isn't ideal. I'm hoping she'll be replaced by someone else, not neccesarily as big but better...