12 more acts to be announced at 6pm!

Guest BigStu1987

Happy with Prodigy and C&S but unhappy with the undercard????? You live under a bridge and I claim my £5. I only know 2 in that last announcement but that will do me just dandy. When I'm not seeing the awesome bands, of which there are loads this year, I will mainly be drinking, eating, having shitloads of fun or watching new (to me) bands and probably becoming a fan. I always come back raving about one band or another that I'd never heard of before. One such band is Halestorm. Some of their stuff is a bit contrived but she is one of the best live singers out there and the drummer will have you in stitches. A brilliant live band. I really do wonder why some people go to festivals, they'd be better off sitting cross legged and rocking back and forth in their darkened bedrooms listening to their favourite CD as everything else is too scary.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with Prodigy and C&S but unhappy with the undercard????? You live under a bridge and I claim my £5. I only know 2 in that last announcement but that will do me just dandy. When I'm not seeing the awesome bands, of which there are loads this year, I will mainly be drinking, eating, having shitloads of fun or watching new (to me) bands and probably becoming a fan. I always come back raving about one band or another that I'd never heard of before. One such band is Halestorm. Some of their stuff is a bit contrived but she is one of the best live singers out there and the drummer will have you in stitches. A brilliant live band. I really do wonder why some people go to festivals, they'd be better off sitting cross legged and rocking back and forth in their darkened bedrooms listening to their favourite CD as everything else is too scary.

Edited by cornucopia

I disagree, I think its the strongest Main Stage since 2009. Second Stage isn't as strong as last year, but its still pretty good. And 3rd stage has some cracking acts too. Maybe you just aren't familar with the acts but doesn't mean they aren't good. I bet some of the acts I don't know are pretty decent. Ive been blow away by just going to see at act at Download before by looking in the programme and giving them a shot.

Yeah lets all just praise Download for booking the same bands over and over, while digging up bands most of us probably wish we could forget and sticking them high up on the second and main stage. You don't need to be super pro happy Download 3 months before the festival to have a good time, and at this stage all I care about is the fact that on my 3rd Download I can already say most of the line up has played while I've been there (Beyond like I said, the top 3 on the mains).

Yeah lets all just praise Download for booking the same bands over and over, while digging up bands most of us probably wish we could forget and sticking them high up on the second and main stage. You don't need to be super pro happy Download 3 months before the festival to have a good time, and at this stage all I care about is the fact that on my 3rd Download I can already say most of the line up has played while I've been there (Beyond like I said, the top 3 on the mains).

There is already enough quality in there for a regular 'Downloader' I was sold by the 2nd announcement, I think some people are never satisfied even if the line-up was so ridiculous that Rammstein were opening main stage people would still say "the undercard is weak".

Lets face it some people will never be happy unless they announce every band in there CD collection and then they would moan about all the clashes lol. I personally like the so called lesser announcements as it has unearthed so many previously unheard gems over the last few years.

Oh boo hoo hoo. You could always stay away or go to another festival but just in case you haven't realised, they all have the same problem. Too many festivals and not enough bands. If you think that having a line up full of Metallicas, Sabbaths and Soundgardens is ever going to happen anywhere then you live in cloud cuckoo land. Anyways, shouldn't you be self harming somewhere?

Well it's great to see someone as old as yourself could bring a mature and well reasoned response.

And although the competition spreads bands thin, Download seems to instead just be booking bands no one else in their right mind would be interested in. I can't believe Theory of a Deadman still exist let alone so high up on the second. They're the sort of band I thought everyone was glad died with nu-metal lol.

It could be worse though, I could be going Soni or Reading, haha.

Anti Nowhere League - aren't they the ones that made that record that went 'so what, so what, you @@@ @@@'? Now that could be interesting ..........