3rd Headliner just confirmed

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have any reason to think, of all the places in the world and having turned down $$$ for coachella, that daft punk would make their live comeback for bestival rather than any other fest? Just give me a reason and i'll will it to be true.

Edited by DJL

Because Bestival is awesome, Coachella probably approached them right after last year's Coachella, maybe they weren't ready or wanted to finish their album.. Rob may have approached them at the very best time..

I WANT TO BELIEVE

The thing with Daft Punk is they're hardly going to rock up with a set of decks and just play are they? Their live shows will take months of preseration and if the album isn't even finished yet then they won't have a new set ready nevermind everything else that it entails.

Sadly I doubt you'll be seeing them at any fests this year but i'd say it would look likely that they'll start touring next year probably doin the fests at the beginning of the year and i'd say there must be a good chance of a Bestival appearance alongside Glasto and perhaps Rockness if T don't get them.

Daft Punk 2013 it is! Better get ready to get Glasto tickets...

Which would mean they'd probably be an Other Stage headliner, if Glasto's headliners were booked last year. Bestival headliners are usually The Other Stage size.

Edited by Joe-

The amount of promoters that have been clamouring for Daft Punk shows for the last few years means them playing at Bestival is just never going to happen. Not for the foreseeable future anyway. There's just too much money floating around with their names on and Bestival doesn't have the spending power.

The amount of promoters that have been clamouring for Daft Punk shows for the last few years means them playing at Bestival is just never going to happen. Not for the foreseeable future anyway. There's just too much money floating around with their names on and Bestival doesn't have the spending power.

I saw Radiohead at Reading a few years back and it was probably one of the best musical moments of my life - but thats largely because they are one of my favourite bands and they did a to all intents and purposes a greatest hits set which I never thought I would get to see - I also saw them at Glastonbury last year (albeit I was working for most of the show so had to make do with nipping out from behind a bar to go and watch them) and that set was very much only for die hard Radiohead fans - it leaned heavily on TKOL and In Rainbows which I think for most casual fans would have been pretty dull. I can't see them playing at Bestival though which is a shame but probably a blessing for most casual fans because they would almost cerntainly have kept clear of any of the better know 'hits'

Rob just posted on the forums in this thread

http://forums.sundaybest.net/site/forums/viewforum.php?forumId=8&name=Bestival%20Banter&showthread=12272&postStart=90

excitingly you're all wrong so far

and i may actually not announce this week if one more person says Radiohead or Daft Punk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!