Ticket availability

Guest jimmyk83

Hello all.

Having had Glastonbury withdrawal symptoms for some time now, ive decided on Bestival as a good alternative for this summer. With a few friends looking to get some funds together, i just wondered when the tickets are likely to sell out.

Obviously its not an exact science, but how long have tickets been on sale for, and when the festival sold out last year would be very useful information. Dont want to leave it too long, but also dont want to book up myself now and end up going alone!

Any info much appreciated as always.

x

I just checked now, when I went last year I didn't buy my ticket until July, obviously there's no exact date when they will sell out, also demand may be higher this year because of no Glasto. Just checked and I paid on the 20/07/11, so pretty close to the festival (:

Tickets didn't sell out until mid-August last year (I think). At least not properly.

This year, I'd imagine they'd be likely to sell out around the same time, if at all. Apparently 2012 isn't going to be that great for festivals. Although, to be fair the reaction to the line-up has been relatively lukewarm and the general feeling is that a lot of people are still waiting for the oomph of a very good headliner, so it's to be expected really. Ticket sales might pick up after the second major announcement but if you're interested, you should head over to the Bestival forum and ask the organisers directly.

Like everyone said, it'll probably be summer-time, but be careful, who knows who Rob will announce. He could announce someone that'd really make the tickets fly, or a bunch of bands that would make the tickets fly.

With other festivals having weak line-ups, who knows when they'll sell out.

Should point out as well that Rob's said if you aren't turned on by the line-up yet then Bestival really isn't going to be for you. It is a bloody good line-up, and I love the fact I'll be seeing New Order again but I think people were expecting a bit more of a blast to the senses. I don't know if regular Bestival go-er's feel the same way but something about last year was really quite special (moreso than usual?) so it seems as if there are high expectations for 2012.

Ultimately, I don't think there's any rush to buy the tickets. A lot of Glastonbury go-ers will probably take into consideration the logistics of Bestival so that might turn them off but other factors like general lack of money, festival prices going up, and justifying the cost of the ticket if the headliners aren't up to much might put people off too. But as I say, you'll be able to secure a ticket no problem for the next few months unless Rob announces something extraordinary, which of course I am expecting. Best bet is to keep an eye on the announcements and judge for yourself if they're big. If it's Florence + The Machine, you're alright. Somebody like Prince? Original Guns N Roses line-up? Stone Roses? Somebody with Roses in the name? Paul McCartney? Beach Boys? Might not be so lucky in a few months.

Like Paul says, just keep an eye out.

Thanks for your replies. Sounds like theres no major panic to buy tickets so hopefully my group will have their arses in gear in plenty of time. Also ta for the heads up on the bestival forum, i hadnt realised there was one.

FWIW i think the line up so far is great, right up my street.

Getting a little excited now, always nice to have an event to stick in the diary and look forward to.

Although I've never been to Bestival, I disagree with that point generally for me. I've never and will never go to a festival because of the line up. What appeals to me about Bestival isn't the line up but the eclectic mix of other entertainment going on.

Any other festival, I'll wait for at least some of the lineup to be announced before deciding whether to buy a ticket. Bestival's the only one I'll go to regardless of who's playing, and I'll happily buy my ticket before any acts have been announced. This is because (A) Rob always delivers a great lineup, and (B ) there's tons of other stuff to do anyway, which is something you can't say for the majority of fests.

Edited by smogo