Lineup 2014

Hawky

What possibilities are there for the sub slots then?

You Me at Six

Pendulum

Jack White

Elbow

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Who else? Wouldn't actually be surprised if we got some V-like shite such as Example/Dizzee Rascal on one day.

Franz would be good. I'd been predicting BMTH third down on main, so with them probably ruled out I'd like Franz there.

Wonder if there's any chance Soundgarden could come back to Europe in August after doing the early fests

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

You Me at Six

Pendulum

Jack White

Elbow

Thirty Seconds to Mars

Who else? Wouldn't actually be surprised if we got some V-like shite such as Example/Dizzee Rascal on one day.

Franz would be good. I'd been predicting BMTH third down on main, so with them probably ruled out I'd like Franz there.

Can't see past YMAS and Elbow at the moment.

Pendulum have Knife Party or DJ sets during August. I don't think they'll click back into Pendulum live for just the one show. Plus we'd know by now.

I think if Jack White is in consideration, Vampire Weekend probably are too. Exact same deal there. No European dates but a lot of the US.

maybe Pure Love in May as well.

:stop:

It kinda depends how they ask as to what reaction they get from us though. If someone goes "Hi, like the lineup, what do you reckon the chances of ... are?" the response is usually a bit friendlier and less condescending.

But yeah, we speak a fuckton of crap.

I really want to add another festival or two to my summer. Can't do the dates for Glasto and not many places look really truly exciting.

I assume everyone just wants to come in and know what's going on. Unless they post something and direct a swipe or something, that's annoying.

Cactus Festival (Brugge) looks like something you'd like.

You Me at Six

Pendulum

Jack White

Elbow

Thirty Seconds to Mars

its really depressing when you put it like that......

franz would be fantastic. i doubt they'll be third but itd be nice for them to get the long slot.

Maximo Park are at Frankies Shop for free :D it appears im going up to Sunderland quite abit in the next few weeks :lol: anyone else got any gigs coming up??

bit broke after prince >.< nine inch nails is all ive got lined up

Can't see past YMAS and Elbow at the moment.

Pendulum have Knife Party or DJ sets during August. I don't think they'll click back into Pendulum live for just the one show. Plus we'd know by now.

I think if Jack White is in consideration, Vampire Weekend probably are too. Exact same deal there. No European dates but a lot of the US.

:stop:

Yeah I thought that about Knife Party. Thought the fact there's only DJ sets in August might have been for a reason, though. We didn't know about NIN at this point last year did we? Anyway, I hope it isn't Pendulum. If not we'll probably get Knife Party on the NME instead.

Yeah that's true about Vampire Weekend, but Jack White will have a new album so I'd guess he's more likely to come to Europe, rather than them making their second Summer trip over here on the back of one album.

Ey man, could be worse, I could be doing the KIGH farewell tour (got asked by a couple of people funnily enough).

Maximo Park are at Frankies Shop for free :D it appears im going up to Sunderland quite abit in the next few weeks :lol: anyone else got any gigs coming up??

I'm actually seeing a boy band next week (I like them quite a bit but for my credibility, they shall stay anon.) :ninja:

prince

Ah Prince <3 Wasn't he amazing? Where did you seek him Mark? :)

Best case scenario for me right now would probably be something like this (assuming Blink, YMAS and Disclosure are all Sunday, in the slots we believe):

QOTSA (last at Leeds)

Paramore

The National

Arctic Monkeys

Jack White

Jake Bugg

Blink-182

You Me at Six

Franz Ferdinand

With something decent on elsewhere on Sunday (NMH on FR if I'm being totally unrealistic; Warpaint, Klaxons, Julian Casablancas or something on FR if I'm being realistic).

I would love if Pendulum would be playing R&L. I really do not seeing it happening at all. Rob has made it pretty clear he has no plans to do things as a live band again, he also mentioned about how he has sold all of the gear used for the Pendulum live shows. This saddens me, Pendulum are one of my all time favourites :(

I would love if Pendulum would be playing R&L. I really do not seeing it happening at all. Rob has made it pretty clear he has no plans to do things as a live band again, he also mentioned about how he has sold all of the gear used for the Pendulum live shows. This saddens me, Pendulum are one of my all time favourites :(

We can recommend you loads of good bands if you want to overcome that unfortunate situation.

I've only got Drenge which is on Saturday :D

Probably gonna see Architects, The Wonder Years, Tek One and maybe Canterbury but I need to get tickets

On the subject of Pendulum, like dentalplan said we'd have known as other festivals would have announced them for sure but that being said Fall Out Boy reformed then were announced for R&L later the same day.

FTFY

woah woah woah. I've just realised what you fully changed it to (only read the first half).

Firstly, this Scooter hate needs to end. Secondly, I'm not that embarrassed about seeing them. At least they write their own songs and play their own instruments unlike many like them. I wouldn't really even call them a boy band, more rock pop xD