Lineup 2014

Hawky

Blood Red Shoes are too high, Twin Atlantic are too low, as are PABH.

Not personally, but from an FR POV.

Only the Twin Atlantic one looks odd (but it's really fucking odd). Blood Red Shoes are only one place higher than last time. PABH are a slot higher than last time, could have gone higher but I wouldn't say they're bigger than Dry The River or Peace.

Edited by mrtourette

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

Twin Atlantic only ended up where they were last year because of pull-outs didn't they? So although it's a drop it's bit THAT much of a drop based on where they were originally meant to be

They were announced sixth and played fifth. Not a great difference.

Twin Atlantic only ended up where they were last year because of pull-outs didn't they? So although it's a drop it's bit THAT much of a drop based on where they were originally meant to be

But they are playing the same position as Lower Than Atlantis who were 2nd from the bottom on the main stage while Twin Atlantic were 6th. To be honest I don't think Twin Atlantic really care

Edited by justanothername

There's just not a lot that thrills me, not a lot there that hasn't been on the Reading bill at least twice in the last five years, not a lot there that's very exciting... In a word? Undewhelming.

That's fair but the main announcement has already been done. This isn't really one to be underwhelmed by as it's the small spots that people aren't supposed to expect much from.

That's fair but the main announcement has already been done. This isn't really one to be underwhelmed by as it's the small spots that people aren't supposed to expect much from.

Which is why this type of announcement usually redeems the line-up to some degree. Most of the responses seem relatively positive.

Edited by mrtourette

I've only seen one negative response from one of my friends and that is because he doesn't like the dance acts. I think this announcement is great and better than the last one! The smaller bands are quality and they seem to all be in the right place :D

Sunday is still a mess though :P

Edited by justanothername

This 'small spots' announcement, which I usually get a lot from, underwhelms me this year.

Just because the so-called 'big-names' have been announced doesn't mean I have to be happy with whatever else is slapped on the bill, surely?