• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Bloc Party would count? If it's a first festival set in the UK. Unless they're at Bestival, which I'm not sure about (it certainly won't have both them and Florence), there's no big festivals left to announce a headliner?

Sex Pistols did their reunion, and I'm sure they were fucking awful. They shouldn't be anywhere near a headline slot.

I hope Bloc Party don't headline. I guess you're right though, they have a lot of hype for some reason.

Sex Pistols arguably made a career about not being very good... or at least not caring. If they had a reunion, surely they'd be too big NOT to headline? (even if they are awful)

Forgot about Oasis actually. That would be awesome. Would rule Blur out though.

Well they're better than most of the other bands of the era that made it big, and they took 18 months off at the right time.

Sex Pistols had a reunion back in '08, they did a UK tour and bunch of European festivals - (I've got it in my head they did IOW as well, but that may be wrong). Most people who were desperate to would have seen them, and I think their tour didn't even sell out.

Green day, Metallica & Red Hot Chilli Peppers is my stab in the dark.

Other possibles,

Black Sabbath (headlining download this year, 30 years since their only reading headline act.)

Blur (Depends how long this reunion lasts.) or Linkin park (10 years since they headlined.)