best campsite?

Guest clairehope

Hi, me and my 2 friends are camping at Leeds for the first time this year. We've been before but not alone/camping.. We're all 16 and girls, was just wondering which campsite would be best? Don't want somewhere too crazy where our stuff's going to get nicked etc, but not somewhere dead either.. Any suggestions would be great, thanks :)

Yellow/white get very bust fast. I camped in red last year with just myself and a friend and we were fine there. Green/brown is the quietest area but is a fair distance from the main arena. Best thing is to not leave anything of value in your tent (ipod docks etc) or if people see that you have these they might target your tent. Hope this helps :)

I've stayed in red for the last two years which has been great. Away from the most of the noise meaning you can get sleep if you like but not too far away that it feels like an effort to get to. It has a good atmosphere but if you camp there try get there early enough so you dont have to camp on the hills. Also if you do camp there its probably better to camp away from the path or toilets as they can smell and people can fall/throw stuff on tents.

I'd say Orange is the best of both worlds. It's a bit of a walk from the arena, takes about 20 minutes. I went with about 10 people and we were all 18 last year. We had a great time there. We didn't get anything stolen. I think we're off in blue or white this year. Do not camp on a hill though. It rained a lot last year and people's tents were getting flooded and sliding down the hills, looked chaotic.

Blue's my favourite, its lively, yet not to lively that you cant get any sleep, Under 10 minutes to the Arena and 5 minutes to the Relentless stage and piccidily party, best of both worlds, my group got a good pitch last year, and we got there at about 1pm Thursday :)

Edited by Calzum

Personally I like Orange, not too far to walk to the arena, and not too far to walk to brown camp in a morning for the downright luxurious portaloos they have there!

At the top of the hill so you're far enough away from Piccadilly and the funfair to be pissed off by them if you fancy sleeping at some point.