Loads more still to come...?

Guest spikytom

Because I'm incredibly bored at work and have nothing better to do, I've compared the number of acts listed on Bestival's efestivals line up page last year with this year's. I realise this is very unscientific with lots of acts being listed more than once on the 2011 page, the stages not being exactly the same etc, but here goes.

So last year's page has 582 acts on it. This year's only has 169, including today's additions. That's a whopping 413 acts less. So i think it's safe to say we've got at least a couple of hundred acts still to come...?

Plenty of room for lots more awesomeness B)

If this is ture im happy! But Rob probably has put a few new besti goers off not me though as i have already paid for my ticket, but trying to make my mates go is going to be even harder until the next line up list is released, If its a good list that is...

It's still a long time until September so I can imagine there will be plenty more to come. I don't think the lineup is disappointing by any stretch so far, though it depends on what your taste I suppose.

OP's making a very good point with this thread.

I hope, I hope, I really hope that we're going to get more from Bestival over the coming months. It's a huge difference from last year and the amount we had to play with around this time in 2011 and if this is it (and I hope The Force it's not) then it would be very disappointing indeed. I wouldn't be half surprised if Bestival became one of the festivals to downsize in 2012 but if it does then why charge more for a ticket? Remember though we have about 6 months to get through before Bestival.

However, all of that said, I bought my ticket before we had ANY clue as to who was at Bestival this year so as far as I'm concerned, I'll go and enjoy myself whatever the line-up... but it'd be nice to have some chocolate chips in my cookie and not just have a lump of dough.

I hope, I hope, I really hope that we're going to get more from Bestival over the coming months. It's a huge difference from last year and the amount we had to play with around this time in 2011 and if this is it (and I hope The Force it's not) then it would be very disappointing indeed. I wouldn't be half surprised if Bestival became one of the festivals to downsize in 2012 but if it does then why charge more for a ticket? Remember though we have about 6 months to get through before Bestival.

By mid-March last year, 145 acts had been announced, with 156 (excluding comedy & cabaret acts) announced via news release between April and September. And if spikytom's count was accurate, there are hundreds more that either sneak onto the website without any fanfare, or you don't even find out about until you get to the festival and see the programme.

This year 164 have been announced by mid-March, so I guess we can expect at least another 130 in the coming months.

As for the quality of the later announcements, in 2011 Santigold, Odd Future, The La's, Nero, Björk and Friendly Fires were the biggest names to get announced between April and September.