Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same mindset as frankblack. I would happily sell my T in the Park ticket and spend the whole weekend down at Hard Rock Calling, but the longer they delay making further announcements the harder that is to plan.

I suspect it's also going to be very difficult to sell T in the Park tickets this year - certainly unless you're willing to take a substantial loss on face value. The lineup is really poor and, as far as I'm aware, it hasn't sold out yet.

Second headliner for Hard Rock Calling next week, in addition to Bruce Springsteen supports.

As Judyblue says, John Fogerty will be there according to his website. I don't know anything about him or how big he is, does this rule out Patti? I really wanted Patti :(

Edited by Kierkegaard

Yeah, here is what HRC said on Facebook:

Hard Rock Calling

We know you've been waiting for this for a LONG time - but we'll most likely have another headliner for you beginning of next week. It's a GOODIE! Not only that, we've got a lot more announcements coming, including Bruce supports for all you lovely, patient people.

Yeah, here is what HRC said on Facebook:

Hard Rock Calling

We know you've been waiting for this for a LONG time - but we'll most likely have another headliner for you beginning of next week. It's a GOODIE! Not only that, we've got a lot more announcements coming, including Bruce supports for all you lovely, patient people.

Hard Rock Calling have confirmed John Fogerty, although they're refusing to confirm anyone else until next week.

London Live say that there will be another announcement soon too. Someone asked them about who the 'third band' is, and they responded saying that it wouldn't be long before they can say. So it's a band then it seems - no Ray Davis or Paul Weller...

In the deleted thread, eFests said that it was a 'fact' that Elbow would be at London Live, so perhaps they'll play this slot? The delay in the announcement might have been part of their deals with Latitude and Jodrell Bank.

Hard Rock Calling have confirmed John Fogerty, although they're refusing to confirm anyone else until next week.

London Live say that there will be another announcement soon too. Someone asked them about who the 'third band' is, and they responded saying that it wouldn't be long before they can say. So it's a band then it seems - no Ray Davis or Paul Weller...

In the deleted thread, eFests said that it was a 'fact' that Elbow would be at London Live, so perhaps they'll play this slot? The delay in the announcement might have been part of their deals with Latitude and Jodrell Bank.

McCartney wont sub to Blur though, he'll headline the opening day if he is there at all.

You can see him say 'That's not a prediction, that's a fact. smile.png' in response to my suggestion of Elbow if you google the old topic. It's all still there as a cache. That topic was where 95% of my posts were, sad to lose them :(

Although, as you say, they're not in the rumours anymore, so it might be less of a fact now as it was then.

If he's playing in Poland it's likely that he'll fit some more Euro dates in, the problem with Prince is though you never can tell what he's going to do as he isn't exactly a man who sticks to a plan. Having said that, it would make sense as to why they've been so delayed in announcing, as he only likes to announce shows a couple of months before.

I'm actually at Optimus Alive in Portugal during HRC so i'll be gutted if it is Prince & I miss him, but I did see him in Dublin last year, man what a show, genuinely the best in the business, period.

It's just been confirmed Prince will be playing in Poland at the end of June. Could HRC have finally bagged him too?

yep, could well be.

Live Nation were trying to get him last year, but bottled it when he wouldn't confirm early enough for them - which is where the Killers came from instead.

But given that Prince proved his reliability at Hop Farm, I suspect they'll be more willing to hang on in there for him this time around.