Hyde Park 2012

Guest Kierkegaard

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they've decided to book Rod Stewart in the same slot on the same day 2 years in a row and Pearl Jam in the same slot on the same day 2 years later.

...Seems waaaaaaaaay to much of a coincidence not to mention it would be a fucking lazy booking.

It'll be a massive shame if it is deadmau5, or another dance headliner, every other year they've head at least one headliner that will appeal to the more rock/indie orientated customer (2010 is a tad debatable i suppose) some they were all rock orientated.

I've gone for the last few years, picking a ticket up the day before pretty cheap, as it rarely sells out.

Hoping HRC has someone decent, not that bruce isnt just seeing him at IOW already.

Friday 6th July - tbc (Wireless)

Saturday 7th July - Drake (Wireless)

Sunday 8th July - Rihanna (Wireless)

Thursday 12th July - tbc?

Friday 13th July - tbc (Hard Rock Calling)

Saturday 14th July - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (Hard Rock Calling)

Sunday 15th July - tbc (Hard Rock Calling)

Tuesday 17th July - Madonna

Friday 27th July - tbc (London Live)

Sunday 12th July - Blur (London Live)

Hard Rock Calling have always announced acts at this pace. Last year, Rod Stewart came in March, and Killers didn't come until towards the end of April. Year before, both McCartney and Stevie Wonder were announced in March. The acts will come, but I wouldn't expect any actual announcements next week because of Reading & Leeds and Wireless. Perhaps the week after?

They have at least four more events to announce, five if the Rolling Stones play their own show on the anniversary date. If it gets as late as the first week of May, they're within ten weeks of the event (which is when Prince is happy to commit to doing a show).

Don't know if this has been ruled out before, so apologies if it's common knowledge, but are the Stone Roses likely for that friday Wireless day or either of the other HRC? They're playing Sat 7th at T in the park, but with the lack of a London date so far in their tour I was wondering if they were likely.

Don't know if this has been ruled out before, so apologies if it's common knowledge, but are the Stone Roses likely for that friday Wireless day or either of the other HRC? They're playing Sat 7th at T in the park, but with the lack of a London date so far in their tour I was wondering if they were likely.