Travelling to Bestival 2012

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Do you need a parking ticket? I've never been before so am only basing my logic upon Glasto, but can't seem to find any mention of whether it's free parking or not. Also how far away are the car parks from the campsites? Thanks

Does anyone know how much the bus is to bestival when you arrive on the iow, and how much the ferry is from southampton with just a person with no car is on the thursday. I need someone to explain everything to me as i have never been to the iow or bestival, What port am i going to on the iow, i dont know if there is more than one port on the iow and out of 10 how good is the festival? and is there any theft?

Shuttle buses were £5 each way last year on the IOW.

Foot passenger on the car ferry from Southampton to East Cowes is £8 each way.

On the fast cat from Southampton to West Cowes its about £12 each way.

10/10.

Few thefts from what I recall but better to be safe than sorry and secure all valuables same as any festival.

Worked it out today and train/ferry/shuttle is looking like my option :D (Coach worked about the same when you include the shuttle, which is good as if persuade my mate to go i won't have to suffer the coach based on it being cheaper :D)

Now i am debating if going by person is it worth going to be worth going to Lyminton or southampton? I was thinking that Lymington would be less packed on the way back :P

Worked it out today and train/ferry/shuttle is looking like my option :D (Coach worked about the same when you include the shuttle, which is good as if persuade my mate to go i won't have to suffer the coach based on it being cheaper :D)

Now i am debating if going by person is it worth going to be worth going to Lyminton or southampton? I was thinking that Lymington would be less packed on the way back :P

I shall be coming from Northampton with 2 adults. Public transport isn't really an option unless you are prepared to travel light. I have therefore decided to drive and take the ferry to Yarmouth from Lymington. The Wightlink website is currently quoting £170 return (departing both ways at around midday) - is this as good as it gets or should I hold out for a better deal later on?

I shall be coming from Northampton with 2 adults. Public transport isn't really an option unless you are prepared to travel light. I have therefore decided to drive and take the ferry to Yarmouth from Lymington. The Wightlink website is currently quoting £170 return (departing both ways at around midday) - is this as good as it gets or should I hold out for a better deal later on?

Edited by tjamest

Thank you for the replies. I have booked standard tickets which I understand I can amend at anytime subject to availabilty. I also understand I can cancel them at anytime subject to a £5 admin fee so if I do discover a better deal I can cancel and re-book. That's the theory anyway. Now then, where did I put my tent...