Travelling to Bestival 2012

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving is SO worth it. Mainly because you don't have to face the Hill of Doom if you're going in and out from the car park, but also (obviously) because you can take more stuff. I'm in Brighton, and giving 2 people a lift and splitting the ferry & car parking costs works out around the same price as the hellish train - bus - hovercraft - bus - Hill of Doom combo.

Your mileage may (literally) vary.

Edited by smogo

Me and rexclark have booked our flights. Flying to Southampton on the Wednesday and coming back on the Monday. That's the first time I've booked a flight, didn't have a clue what I was doing there, was so worried I felt like throwing up!

We just went for the standard baggage allowance, will be travelling as light as possible and we'll just buy booze and food once we get to the isle of wight. Will the standard be enough? I think it's 20kg per person, if the bags are too heavy I'll just need to wear all of my clothes.

Do you need to book into the Waverly campsite in advance or do you just turn up? How much does it cost?

Me and rexclark have booked our flights. Flying to Southampton on the Wednesday and coming back on the Monday. That's the first time I've booked a flight, didn't have a clue what I was doing there, was so worried I felt like throwing up!

We just went for the standard baggage allowance, will be travelling as light as possible and we'll just buy booze and food once we get to the isle of wight. Will the standard be enough? I think it's 20kg per person, if the bags are too heavy I'll just need to wear all of my clothes.

Do you need to book into the Waverly campsite in advance or do you just turn up? How much does it cost?

Edited by Paul ™