Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kilt was originally for Shambala. However the mate I'm going with refuses to dress up in womens clothes in order to get into the Ladies Night disco - which I think is very unreasonable of him! He said he'd rather not go into the disco than be seen dressed as a lady. Personally I think he may be in denial about something! Not sure what though. So it looks like I'll not be wearing my kilt at Shambala afterall.

I have e.mailed him to see if he'll at least do some form of fancy dress for SGP but I've not had an answer back. The signs are not looking good so I may not be wearing the kilt there either. Probably just as well what with this breezy weather we've been having of late! Especially so as to do it right would warrant going commando, which could bring on a whole new set of issues!

Hope your dance routine is going well! I looked it up on youtube. There's an aweful lot to remember. It should be good though if some people have mastered the choreography.

Edited by Miesh

Already got all my stuff packed! Been a couple of years ago and it was amazing. I'm taking vodka which I'll diguise somehow, wine and other assorted items. I'm going to try and use this app called badoo that uses 3g to show other people with the app in the area as a cool way to meet random people and get masked with.

I can only think of making a few giant medals for fancy dress.

This is going to be my first SGP, can't wait! Though got a couple question:

* since there is a large dog presence at the gate, do you know their policy if you get caught? i know dogs have a fair low success rate and gotten past them before. but nice to know.

* can you re enter with booze easily? read some people doing it other years, but wondering if it has changed. cause 12 cans is enough for a day at most.

* how will the site handle rain? cause it looks like we will be getting it this year

* what are waiting times like on thursday?

Cheers

Looking at train times from London. Obviously want to get an open return but you can't buy one during peak times. 6-9.30am. So its either a train at 9.41 but I think that's too late. Will it?

The other option is to get the 1.41am train. Has anyone else got there for 3am Thursday before?

Looking at train times from London. Obviously want to get an open return but you can't buy one during peak times. 6-9.30am. So its either a train at 9.41 but I think that's too late. Will it?

The other option is to get the 1.41am train. Has anyone else got there for 3am Thursday before?

Edited by Dukeicon

Alas I can't make it this year due to a family wedding.

But just had a look at ebay and it's flooded with tickets. Sad to think people aren't bothering to go because of the weather. But, you know what, it will be a much better atmosphere without these wet lettuces.

If you debating whether to get one - you'll get a bargain - going for less than £100. (this time last year it was £250 a pop)

Enjoy!

I know that little kids don't have to pay, but do they need to have any sort of ticket? A friend of mine would like to come with me (I have a couple spare tix) and wants to bring her little girl, aged 4.

Can we just turn up with the little one, like at Glasto, or do we have to get some sort of child ticket?

Anyone know?

It's just me myself and I. Plenty of room to make sure I don't touch the sides! Plus, if it's wet and miserable I will be working my shifts then coming home!! It's one thing enjoying a wet festival with mates who just crack on with it, but being alone during one might be pretty horrendous! I just didn't fancy putting our six man tent up alone, and last minute a reduced to £20 pop up was my best option.

Afternoon!

Has anyone had any luck getting a copy of the site map? I emailed SGP and they havent got back to me. We are going with people in a campervan, so would like to see a map so we can plan where to camp.

I'm getting excited now, just hope my posh frock turns up before we go!!

Afternoon!

Has anyone had any luck getting a copy of the site map? I emailed SGP and they havent got back to me. We are going with people in a campervan, so would like to see a map so we can plan where to camp.

I'm getting excited now, just hope my posh frock turns up before we go!!