Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

I can't work out how to post the image of the site map! Now I know how my mum feels when I am giving her computer help over the phone.

Can someone instruct me?

Or pm me their email and I can send it to them?

Sorry I really don't remember whether or not people had candles.

Loving the sending your mate ahead plan. There are certainly ways as there were lots of very happy people inside.

It is hard to guess how strict they will be, they have to ease up after last year and the suggestion above re Olympics taking resources away is sensible.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hopefully you can click on that and see it? Let me know if not and I will have another go.

I thanks to the help section!

There is more than this but just to give you an idea;

In the south arena was the remix bubble, town hall/ dance off/roller disco (lots of fun) and the great stage. Also smaller bits - like the spacehopper racing and jungle tent with plastic ball pool.

North arena was kids and healing fields, stalls and folk lodge

North east arena had Chai wallahs, collysillyum (mad place - music at night, daytime events like mud wrestling and sumo) and, where you'll often find me - valley of the antics (you can't beat reggae on a sunny Sunday afternoon imo)

Lots of bars all over.

I can't wait for SGP now, especially with the sun shining like this.

I got the programme out to jog my memory. I am now off to read it in the garden with a beer!

JEN! Dress as a time travelling victorian who has managed to come to the future through use of a device given to you by an alien but you have broken it and you're trying to acquaint yourself with the modern age. Dress victorian, make some mangled electronic thing as your broken device and cover a wide rimmed hat in tinfoil. It'll be awesome.

As far as I know, the organisers are kind of funny about sticking things unnecessarily in the ground and the risk of leaving open flames going, so I would imagine candles are a no no. Get a nice wind up torch or two, they usually do the job and have a similar effect :)

I did come on here with a motive I'm afraid...shame on me. Although, in my defense, I have been a long time lurker in the forum. Hear me out though - it's all nice. I've probably left it a little late, but I'm trying to get some awareness of my Action Camp going before the festival arrives! For those who know SGP well, Action Camps are mini-events and activities run by regular festival goers. After going last year and having the best time of my life, I've decided to make it a million times more stressful and give myself a load of responsibility whilst I'm there!

My (I should be saying "our" now really...there's 6 of us involved) camp is an over the top and potentially manic version of follow the leader. As this year's festival is all about rituals, whenever you become the leader you get a formal inauguration and have to swear by the 10 rules of FTL. Then, rather than just running around and stuff, as leader you can get the group to do whatever you can think of! The more complex or ridiculous the better.

We've actually made a lit of suggested games, pranks and activities (various types of flashmobs, chasing games, weird sports, things to weird out people who might have caught a little too much sunshine) so we're pretty sure it's going to be raaaad. If you want to know more, check www.fb.com/sgpftl and our twitter @sgpftl

Even if you can't be arsed with that - does anyone have any ideas for games orfun things to do with a mob of gardeners? Let me know your ideas here and if it's good I'll have it included in the "Menu of Nonsense" (as we call it!) and organise a good time for you to run your little idea!

Let me know!!! :D <3

JEN! Dress as a time travelling victorian who has managed to come to the future through use of a device given to you by an alien but you have broken it and you're trying to acquaint yourself with the modern age. Dress victorian, make some mangled electronic thing as your broken device and cover a wide rimmed hat in tinfoil. It'll be awesome.

As far as I know, the organisers are kind of funny about sticking things unnecessarily in the ground and the risk of leaving open flames going, so I would imagine candles are a no no. Get a nice wind up torch or two, they usually do the job and have a similar effect :)

I did come on here with a motive I'm afraid...shame on me. Although, in my defense, I have been a long time lurker in the forum. Hear me out though - it's all nice. I've probably left it a little late, but I'm trying to get some awareness of my Action Camp going before the festival arrives! For those who know SGP well, Action Camps are mini-events and activities run by regular festival goers. After going last year and having the best time of my life, I've decided to make it a million times more stressful and give myself a load of responsibility whilst I'm there!

My (I should be saying "our" now really...there's 6 of us involved) camp is an over the top and potentially manic version of follow the leader. As this year's festival is all about rituals, whenever you become the leader you get a formal inauguration and have to swear by the 10 rules of FTL. Then, rather than just running around and stuff, as leader you can get the group to do whatever you can think of! The more complex or ridiculous the better.

We've actually made a lit of suggested games, pranks and activities (various types of flashmobs, chasing games, weird sports, things to weird out people who might have caught a little too much sunshine) so we're pretty sure it's going to be raaaad. If you want to know more, check www.fb.com/sgpftl and our twitter @sgpftl

Even if you can't be arsed with that - does anyone have any ideas for games orfun things to do with a mob of gardeners? Let me know your ideas here and if it's good I'll have it included in the "Menu of Nonsense" (as we call it!) and organise a good time for you to run your little idea!

Let me know!!! :D <3

I don't know whether to dress up as a Hari Krishna or not. I have all the gear and think it could vaguelly fall under the fancy dress category of ' standing on ceremony'. However I don't want to offend any real Hari Krishna's although this may be inevitable at another festival for which the outfit was bought. Does anybody know if the real Hari Krishna's lurk at SGP ?

have not bee sgp for a few years now,but always have a little look at whats going on here tho,and see the same Q&A going on, so here goes: at the gate they will search your bags very very well they will possibly remove some items to get a propper good look in there they may have look in your tent bag too, this search is for all booze in plastic, glass and cans alike, then you get the dog treatment and dont think that because of the olympics that dogs that search drugs can be used for explosives cos they cant, after all this you will be aloud into the festival where the camping fields are nice and spacious the festival its self is well layed out and has some great stages plenty of loos that are well maintained and the food stalls are fantastic plenty of bars and i hope the cocktail bar is still there doing lush bloody marys and mojitos!

have not bee sgp for a few years now,but always have a little look at whats going on here tho,and see the same Q&A going on, so here goes: at the gate they will search your bags very very well they will possibly remove some items to get a propper good look in there they may have look in your tent bag too, this search is for all booze in plastic, glass and cans alike, then you get the dog treatment and dont think that because of the olympics that dogs that search drugs can be used for explosives cos they cant, after all this you will be aloud into the festival where the camping fields are nice and spacious the festival its self is well layed out and has some great stages plenty of loos that are well maintained and the food stalls are fantastic plenty of bars and i hope the cocktail bar is still there doing lush bloody marys and mojitos!

So, my mushroom man has failed me and my other angle is now looking quite dubious in terms of it happening. At this rate I'll have nothing at all to even try to get past the dogs with. I'm looking at the very real prospect of having to do a festival on just drink alone. :( I can't see being attrociously drunk on it's own being much cop. Oh well at least I'll not have to worry about the authorities looking up my chocolate starfish!

So, my mushroom man has failed me and my other angle is now looking quite dubious in terms of it happening. At this rate I'll have nothing at all to even try to get past the dogs with. I'm looking at the very real prospect of having to do a festival on just drink alone. :( I can't see being attrociously drunk on it's own being much cop. Oh well at least I'll not have to worry about the authorities looking up my chocolate starfish!