Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

Just order my ticket through the deposit scheme. Never been but the excitement of other festivals announcing line ups has got my in the festival spirit so thought I'd get my first confirmation of the summer done tonight.

I'm guessing this is going to be like a smaller Bestival?

Let's get discussing...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its better than bestival. Way more little events (they set up funding for creative ideas - my friend is being paid to building a laser dome), its smaller so you bump into people more often, Ive never seen it turn muddy, and the costumes rival Bestival. Just ridiculously fun.

I am organising a free bike ride to SGP from London. If you're interested check us out www.bike2basics.com

Been lucky enough to of been every year (8 years) now and has to be my bestest fest :)

If you had to compare it then I'll say it's like the best quirky bits of Glasto with the wacky dressy up bits of Bestival.

But saying that it is still pretty unique aswell as having a bootiful site.

Only gripe : LOTS of peeps go now and some parts of the site do get overloaded and are at / over capacity at times i.e main stage & pagoda.

Still a must do festie though ;)

What's the atmosphere like in SGP? I've heard it's totally relaxed, free & peaceful, am I right? Looking forward to going this year, don't even mind if there are no big names, half the time I don't even end up seeing who I want to because something else has drawn my attention away.

Ha ha ha! It's as easy to get drugs there as it is getting PM's from drug dealers on here (when you post saying you're going to Exit Festival).

My experience of last year was amazing, however there was a few 'posh' kids acting full of themselves when they've had a few (someone needs to tell them they look like twats), but there's loads of lovely people to outnumber these :)

222574_10150261085599183_510229182_7222241_3228842_n.jpg

252190_10150261092249183_510229182_7222311_4982887_n.jpg

and one for the idea of 'crowding' - main stage for Blondie...

216870_10150263261864183_510229182_7240842_525307_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking the same thing but for red wine. I've been to Poundland on the hunt for containers and reckon I've got it nailed. I bought six of these containers which hold just short of a litre. My mate will take three and I'll take three. Add to that our legit allowance plus alcohol bought from vendors and we should be OK. If caught I think the most they could do is take the stuff off you.

Just repeating my previous question plus a couple of others. These are;

(1) Can anybody tell me what the camping field(s) is like ie. can it be a nightmare to find somewhere to pitch your tent ?

(2) Is the camping area very far from the car park(s) ?

(3) I read that you can't bring flares. I was wondering whether this applied to garden flares that you can use outside a tent at night. I read it as you are not allowed to bring these (as well as the very bright hand flares that people set off at some festivals). However I'm pretty sure Glastonbury says the same thing but everybody brings them anyway and they are even on sale there. So, do people bring and use these?

Thanks for any clarification on this.

Looks like all my friends have pulled out on me.

I may sell my ticket. Or I may see if anyone wants a lift up there and mind me tagging along? I'll be driving up from Reading, so that's 3 empty seats (been signed up to the official car share and no luck yet).

So anyone want a ticket/a new friend? :D