The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No travel ban to Glasgow.

Is my point.

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/scots-be-banned-travelling-high-risk-areas-uk-and-ireland-3013616?r=664

"The guidance will see those living in areas of low prevalence such as the Highlands banned from travelling to areas of high prevalence such as Glasgow or Edinburgh."

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I pointed out she's only targeted england/the uk as the place to avoid because she wants to pretend it's responsible for covid in Scotland.

So far you've failed to give evidence to disprove that.

You "pointed out" she'd targeted England & not other areas in Scotland. 

Comfy & I demonstrated that was incorrect.

You "pointed out" she'd targeted england & not other parts of the UK.

You "pointed out" she'd targeted england & not Spain.

Now you are "pointing out" that she says England is "responsible for covid in Scotland."

I think it's maybe time that you supplied some evidence that actually supports what you are saying. 

I'll give you a clue.

There is none.

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Glasgow, Spain and Norn Ireland all covered now.

Hopefully you`ve taken time to read (slowly) the articles. Maybe you could pop back and edit your original post 🙂

I admire your optimism.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Neil, here's your post that started all this. I've helpfully highlighted the bits we have demonstrated to be lies.

image.png.d94fdb70bddc0a7f764493a471bbc176.png

My favourite bit, not highlighted, was that the poison dwarf would be “ on the  money “ IF she had only advised folk not to fly to Spain 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, LJS said:

I admire your optimism.

😂 We live in hope. Plenty folk make intelligent and honest  arguments for remaining in the Union. Sadly and clearly not our man here. 

Expect we’ll be seeing 60/40 support from folk living in Scotland soon. Sturgeon too busy with the day job but elections looming next year as you know.

Noticed the Scottish conservative and unionists leader backing Sturgeons position on furlough. Strange times.

9 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/scots-be-banned-travelling-high-risk-areas-uk-and-ireland-3013616?r=664

"The guidance will see those living in areas of low prevalence such as the Highlands banned from travelling to areas of high prevalence such as Glasgow or Edinburgh."

23rd October, more than a week after Blackpool was the cause of all Scotland's problems. :rolleyes: 

Also: "guidance", a different word than "ban", which was used for dealing with the covid-raddled English.

Edited by eFestivals

9 hours ago, LJS said:

You "pointed out" she'd targeted England & not other areas in Scotland. 

except you haven't.

Blackpool and England/the UK has been singled out and targeted in a way that hasn't been applied to Scots and Scotland.

I also pointed out how Sturgeon made the ridiculous claim of having eliminated covid from Scotland and how Scotland only has a problem again because of covid coming to Scotland from the rest of the UK.

Now, imagine your own outrage if Spaffer was claiming England's covid problem was being caused by Scots and Scotand.

Spaffer has a very long list of faults - more even that Sturgeon - but even he's not got as low as Sturgeon has by blaming other countries for the UK's covid problems.

Sturgeon has been doing the same as Trump, except blaming the UK and not China. 

Edited by eFestivals

9 hours ago, LJS said:

Now you are "pointing out" that she says England is "responsible for covid in Scotland."

If she needed to blame anyone for the problems caused by Scots in Scotland then the right target is Scots going to Spain and then not following Scottish rules, and not anyone else.

But Sturgeon telling Scots that Scots are shit doesn't actually need blame laid onto another country at all.

7 hours ago, LJS said:

Neil, here's your post that started all this. I've helpfully highlighted the bits we have demonstrated to be lies.

image.png.d94fdb70bddc0a7f764493a471bbc176.png

You haven't shown me anything about Scots being told to keep away from Glasgow at the same time they were told to keep away from Blackpool.

You haven't shown me anything about Scots being told to not holiday overseas in covid hotspots.
(sturgeon saying quarantine is inconvenient isn't that).

And you haven't shown me anything where she's issued the same 'keep away' warning as she has for England/the UK.

7 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Noticed the Scottish conservative and unionists leader backing Sturgeons position on furlough. Strange times.

Whilst it is certainly true that if there is money for an English lockdown then there should be money for a Scottish one as well, but if as a non-essential retail worker I end up on 67% pay during December I will be livid at Nicola for postponing measures by a few weeks rather line things up nationwide.

Edited by mcshed

the bit of xenophobia on the side was xenophobia on the side. It's a standard and will keep on coming round again and again. It's what the SNP do and no one is surprised.

More interesting and I know LJS and comfy would rather it wasn't raised, but I was really highlighting Stugeon's lies, and pointing out how she's criticism-free for them by her fan club.

And they're lies about the biggest issues in Scottish politics too, not minor stuff.

So I'll put it here again, for LJS to brush off again with bullshit and for comfy to pretend again it's not here at all. :P 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

Whilst it is certainly true that if there is money for an English lockdown then there should be money for a Scottish one as well, but if as a non-essential retail worker I end up on 67% pay during December I will be livid at Nicola for postponing measures by a few weeks rather line things up nationwide.

Can I just clarify? Are you saying Sturgeon should shut your shop just now because there is money from Westminster to pay for it this month?

10 minutes ago, LJS said:

Can I just clarify? Are you saying Sturgeon should shut your shop just now because there is money from Westminster to pay for it this month?

who knew devolution was a dogs dinner which makes no one happy but does create some great opportunities for grievance (in both directions, to be clear)? ;) 

Some think the answer is even more division. Some think division is for arseholes, and are consistent with that across all territories.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'm saying if with access to more of the data that if it looks like we will need these measures soon anyway then we should just do it now.  Note I said if we had to shut in December I'd be angry with Nicola, if current measures can genuinely keep a lid on things longer term but something further off makes things worse then the blame is totally on the treasury but if we delay by a couple of weeks for difference's sake then my lack of money is down as much to game playing by Nicola as purse tightening by Rishi. 

Most non-essential retail would prefer to be closed in November than December if it's a straight choice anyway, and I suspect the lockdown will be more effective if its nationwide.

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

Most non-essential retail would prefer to be closed in November than December if it's a straight choice anyway, and I suspect the lockdown will be more effective if its nationwide.

I think we'll all still be closed in December anyway. 

Edited by kaosmark2

7 hours ago, LJS said:

Noises from the SNP today seem to suggest they agree with me. Credit to them for seeing this, why did you think I was being silly?

7 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Noises from the SNP today seem to suggest they agree with me. Credit to them for seeing this, why did you think I was being silly?

I didn't say you were being silly.

Although the way you put it sounded as if we should decide when to shut shops based on when Westminster will deign to provide financial support, rather than medical/scientific reasons which does seem a bit mad. As Neil has pointed out, in his own inimitable way, it has highlighted one of the flaws of the devolution settlement. 

However, putting on my realist's hat (yes I really have one) it would be crazy not to factor in the level of support available and when it is available, when making these decisions. It just makes what must be really difficult decisions, even harder.

In other news - I await Neil's condemnation of the xenophobic Welsh government...

image.png.d9eb5eb6ba6143b73408ebc4bf645cda.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-54779031

6 minutes ago, LJS said:

I didn't say you were being silly.

Although the way you put it sounded as if we should decide when to shut shops based on when Westminster will deign to provide financial support, rather than medical/scientific reasons which does seem a bit mad. As Neil has pointed out, in his own inimitable way, it has highlighted one of the flaws of the devolution settlement. 

I said in my initial post that it was wrong of the treasury to restrict support so not sure how you read it that way.