The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PS: nothing to say about sturgeon lying about salmond and lying about her covid errors and making laughable claims about her supposed covid successes, then...?

I've covered Salmond & care homes previously. Unlike some folk, I don't feel the need to constantly go over the same ground.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

So not advising people not to travel TO covid city then.

As I said.

could you please stop making stuff up.

The central belt of Scotland, which includes Glasgow and Edinburgh, already has restrictions similar to level three in place, while the rest of the country have measures comparable to level two.

Ms Sturgeon said that anyone living in a level three area should not travel outside the council area they live in except for "essential reasons" such as work, outdoor exercise, essential shopping or healthcare or caring reasons.

And anyone living in a level one or two area must not travel to a level three or four area unless it is essential.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54731245

If you live in Lothian, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, Ayrshire and Arran and Greater Glasgow and Clyde, you should not travel outside those areas unless you have a clear need to do so.

People living in other parts of Scotland should not travel to these areas unless necessary.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-26-october/

If you live in Lothian, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, Ayrshire and Arran and Greater Glasgow and Clyde, you should not travel outside the health board area that you live in unless you have a clear need to do that. And people in the rest of Scotland should not travel to any of these 5 areas unless they have a clear need to do that.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-22-october/

Finally, we continue to advise people very strongly who live in these Central Belt areas, not to travel outside the health board area that they live in, if they do not need to do so.

Similarly, people in other parts of Scotland should not travel to those areas unless it is absolutely necessary.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-21-october/

For those who live in the five health board areas of Lothian, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, Ayrshire and Arran and Greater Glasgow and Clyde – we’re asking you not to travel outside your own health board areas unless you really need to do so. And people elsewhere should not travel into these areas unless they really need to do so.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-20-october/

People living in any one of these central Scotland areas should not travel outside their own area unless they really need to.

And people in other parts of Scotland should not travel to these areas unless its absolutely necessary.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-15-october-2020/

And to remind you these areas are Lothian, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley, Ayrshire and Arran, and Greater Glasgow and Clyde.

If you live in one of these five health board areas, we have already asked you not to travel unless you very need to – and not to leave your health board area unless it is really necessary.

And we’ve also asked people from the rest of Scotland, not to travel to any of these five central belt areas unless they really need to.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-14-october-2020/

2 hours ago, LJS said:

I've covered Salmond & care homes previously. Unlike some folk, I don't feel the need to constantly go over the same ground.

I missed the bit where you called out sturgeon for lying in both cases.

Or you never did call her out for lying.

Hmmmm. I wonder which it was?

Edited by eFestivals

26 minutes ago, LJS said:

And before you chuck around phrases like Covid City, you might want to check current case rates in Bristol & compare them to Glasgow.

Today it's worse than Liverpool, I know.

And Glasgow was worse than Blackpool, but sturgeon only said to not visit Blackpool.

Which I've pointed out was odd.

Don't YOU think that's odd, too?

37 minutes ago, LJS said:

could you please stop making stuff up.

Sturgeon saying don't visit Blackpool: 14th October.

You still need to present relevant evidence. 

Also, you also need to explain sturgeon's thinking when she suggested that Scotland would be covid free if it wasn't for the English, due to the fantastic success of her zero covid policy.

44 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I missed the bit where you called out sturgeon for lying in both cases.

Or you never did call her out for lying.

Hmmmm. I wonder which it was?

I'll tell you what. You give me sources that aren't a Sun "journalist" or a member of These Islands - the anti Indy "think"tank & i'll consider taking the time to address your heartfelt concerns.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Today it's worse than Liverpool, I know.

And Glasgow was worse than Blackpool, but sturgeon only said to not visit Blackpool.

Which I've pointed out was odd.

Don't YOU think that's odd, too?

No, not at all. But then, I've read what she said and you haven't,  even though I have already linked to it. Here's the link again. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-14-october-2020/

Please tell me what your issues are with what she actually said.

Anyway you point was she had " singled out England as the one place outside of Scotland.

Like she had done several times before she offered that advice for within Scotland just a couple of days ago."

So now I have demonstrated that she has pretty  much on a daily basis advised against travelling into & out of high case rate areas in Scotland - i'm really not sure what your point is.

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Also, you also need to explain sturgeon's thinking when she suggested that Scotland would be covid free if it wasn't for the English, due to the fantastic success of her zero covid policy.

Christ, you have just made something else up. I'm guessing that   "She said that (in not quote the words i used)."

Edited by LJS

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Sturgeon saying don't visit Blackpool: 14th October.

Your being dishonest again.

On 14th October Sturgeon said “ please do not visit Blackpool this weekend to watch the old firm match “ this was after pubs in Blackpool received “1000’s” of requests from eejits planning to travel there from Scotland to watch a football match. 

Sadly, she was asked about it all week in the build up to the game and also gave specific mentions on Carlisle and Cumbria apparently on the advice of Police Scotland.

10 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Your being dishonest again.

On 14th October Sturgeon said “ please do not visit Blackpool this weekend to watch the old firm match “ this was after pubs in Blackpool received “1000’s” of requests from eejits planning to travel there from Scotland to watch a football match. 

Sadly, she was asked about it all week in the build up to the game and also gave specific mentions on Carlisle and Cumbria apparently on the advice of Police Scotland.

No.

It was after Glaswegians had already come back from their Blackpool coach trip riddled with covid.

Which they'd taken to Blackpool from Scotland's own covid hotspot and generously shared on the coach.

And the problem was Blackpool not Glasgow, said sturgeon.

Edited by eFestivals

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

You like me to lay proof in front of you, so live up to your own standards and provide the quotes mentioning all three by name.

Spain gets a mention as does Northern Ireland. Google the country name, then Sturgeon,Corona,Travel. Give me a shout if your still struggling but you’ll be fine 👍

You will find stories on all 3 things you claim never happened. 

You’ve already been shown Sturgeon taking about Glasgow, internal travel, tier travel restrictions within Scotland etc.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

No.

It was after Glaswegians had already come back from their Blackpool coach trip riddled with covid.

Which they'd taken to Blackpool from Scotland's own covid hotspot and generously shared on the coach.

And the problem was Blackpool not Glasgow, said sturgeon.

😂 I just googled your exact words and the date you provided. You just missed out the context of her quote. She highlights a high number of instances of coach trips to Blackpool that have came up in track and trace calls. 

For info, Blackpool goes into the higher tier a few days after your article 

Im hoping you are at it here or just acting stupid 😉

Edited by Comfy Bean

49 minutes ago, LJS said:

I'll tell you what. You give me sources that aren't a Sun "journalist" or a member of These Islands - the anti Indy "think"tank & i'll consider taking the time to address your heartfelt concerns.

No, not at all. But then, I've read what she said and you haven't,  even though I have already linked to it. Here's the link again. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-14-october-2020/

Please tell me what your issues are with what she actually said.

That the problem was Blackpool not people from Glasgow.

49 minutes ago, LJS said:

Anyway you point was she had " singled out England as the one place outside of Scotland.

Like she had done several times before she offered that advice for within Scotland just a couple of days ago."

So now I have demonstrated that she has pretty  much on a daily basis advised against travelling into & out of high case rate areas in Scotland - i'm really not sure what your point is.

Christ, you have just made something else up. I'm guessing that   "She said that (in not quote the words i used)."

The problem is other places not Scotland's fault, cos she was so brilliant at eliminating it from Scotland.

It's utter bollocks.

56 minutes ago, LJS said:

Lol. You and trump with your fake news if it doesn't come from an approved source.

I've given you irrefutable sources for the salmond lie and the care home covid lie. 

And you've given me denial.

27 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Spain gets a mention as does Northern Ireland. Google the country name, then Sturgeon,Corona,Travel. Give me a shout if your still struggling but you’ll be fine 👍

You will find stories on all 3 things you claim never happened. 

You’ve already been shown Sturgeon taking about Glasgow, internal travel, tier travel restrictions within Scotland etc.

You'll have to show me sturgeon explicitly telling Scots not to visit Northern Ireland and Spain because I can't find them, you must be better at googling than me.

I can find her saying quite a few times that England is the cause of covid in Scotland. 

I'm giving you the shout you said to give you.

Edited by eFestivals

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That the problem was Blackpool not people from Glasgow.

So, Comfy & myself have debunked every single claim you have made today. So what do you do - make up another one. 

I guess we should admire your tenacity.

The problem is other places not Scotland's fault, cos she was so brilliant at eliminating it from Scotland.

It's utter bollocks.

You said that Sturgeon said " Scotland would be covid free if it wasn't for the English" which is quite clearly NOT what she says in the video you posted - did you watch the video or just read the tweet from the guy whose twitter account is pretty much dedicated to attacking the snp?

You are up with B Johnston in your unwillingness to admit you are wrong.

Edited by LJS

15 minutes ago, LJS said:

So, Comfy & myself have debunked every single claim you have made today. 

Except you haven't.

Nowhere does she specifically blame anywhere but England for causing increasing covid cases in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, LJS said:

You said that Sturgeon said " Scotland would be covid free if it wasn't for the English" which is quite clearly NOT what she says in the video you posted 

She's dog whistling. Same as she did with the 'border guards', same as she did by picking on Blackpool and not the travelling Glaswegians.

If it was down to wonderful Scotland and sturgeon's amazing powers, Scotland would be covid free. 

26 minutes ago, LJS said:

So, Comfy & myself have debunked every single claim you have made today. So what do you do - make up another one. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Except you haven't.

Nowhere does she specifically blame anywhere but England for causing increasing covid cases in Scotland.

Fixed that for you. 

Nicola Sturgeon on coronavirus in Spain: ‘I would not book a foreign holiday right now’

Nicola Sturgeon has said she would not book a holiday abroad just now over fears quarantine rules could quickly change.

Tuesday, 28th July 2020, 3:10 pm
UpdatedTuesday, 28th July 2020, 3:15 pm

28 minutes ago, LJS said:

You said that Sturgeon said " Scotland would be covid free if it wasn't for the English" which is quite clearly NOT what she says in the video you posted - 

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

She's dog whistling.  

That's not what you said Neil 

I think i  need to get this out again

image.png.451af7415c64dad47602f8d530f48984.png

6 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Nicola Sturgeon on coronavirus in Spain: ‘I would not book a foreign holiday right now’

Nicola Sturgeon has said she would not book a holiday abroad just now over fears quarantine rules could quickly change.

3 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Nicola Sturgeon confirms Scottish Government is 'considering' a cross-border travel ban

Scots could face being banned from travelling to parts of England and Northern Ireland which are considered ‘high risk’ in a move being actively considered by the Scottish Government

Good googling Comfy. It's a shame for Neil that he doesn't know how to work the internet.

I think there might also have been a clue in all the appeals not to travel outside your local area if you are in the central belt. I don't think many of us consider Seville or Strabane to be in our local areas!!

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

That's her opinion, not an instruction to Scots to avoid somewhere.

And an opinion based only on the inconvenience of quarantine, not because it would bring covid to Scotland.

Edited by eFestivals

58 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Nicola Sturgeon confirms Scottish Government is 'considering' a cross-border travel ban

Scots could face being banned from travelling to parts of England and Northern Ireland which are considered ‘high risk’ in a move being actively considered by the Scottish Government

No travel ban to Glasgow.

Is my point.

Covid in Scotland is caused by England/the UK, and not Scots.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That's her opinion, not an instruction to Scots to avoid somewhere.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

No travel ban to Glasgow.

Is my point.

Covid in Scotland is caused by England/the UK, and not Scots.

You are so fucking desperate, Neil.