The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

So you get a different flavour of politics but a much reduced economic position and standing in the world.

Does sound like Brexit 😛 

Yes, maybe...or maybe they will be ok...maybe they eventually will join the EU, maybe they will become part of Scandinavia (join Nordic council). Ireland did ok.

The issue of whether Scotland is viable/better off/ worse off is of little importance if we don't get a vote. The only issue that matters today is the fact that Westminster refuses to recognise the clear mandate that the Scottish government has to hold a second indyref.

Edited by LJS

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Dies in the end - sorry to spoil it for you

Died in 1305. In the film just before he dies he sleeps with princess Isabella who was born in 1295. I'm saying nothing 🤫

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes, maybe...or maybe they will be ok...maybe they eventually will join the EU, maybe they will become part of Scandinavia (join Nordic council). Ireland did ok.

Ireland only did ok due to being gifted huge EU amounts and by being a tax avoiders paradise. 

there's no huge EU gifts available now. and how tory-free will be a tax avoiding Scotland be.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Ireland only did ok due to being gifted huge EU amounts and by being a tax avoiders paradise. 

there's no huge EU gifts available now. and how tory-free will be a tax avoiding Scotland be.

maybe they will become a social democrat utopia like those lovely nordic countries.

And we'll be stuck with english c**ts like barry fish.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe they will become a social democrat utopia like those lovely nordic countries.

have you seen the danish ghetto laws???? :lol

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Have you been? I have, you still see homeless beggars on the streets, 100 - 200 krona to see a doctor in Sweden. Denmark has just labelled Syria a safe country so it can send all its refugees back etc.. they have the same issues we have. A limited amount of resources to go around and they have to choose where those are targeted.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Have you been? I have, you still see homeless beggars on the streets, 100 - 200 krona to see a doctor in Sweden. Denmark has just labelled Syria a safe country so it can send all its refugees back etc.. they have the same issues we have. A limited amount of resources to go around and they have to choose where those are targeted.

ok, maybe they're better off staying in UK...seeing how they're doing so well up there...some people actually live past 60 in Glasgow.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

ok, maybe they're better off staying in UK...seeing how they're doing so well up there...some people actually live past 60 in Glasgow.

Doesn't Sturgeon have tax raising powers to spend on stuff like that? That's on top of the 11% above UK average spend she already gets. I agree with you Scotland seems in a bad way but I'd lay the blame at those in charge in Scotland.

Edited by lost

1 minute ago, lost said:

Doesn't Sturgeon have tax raising powers to spend on stuff like that?

scots have to be prepared to pay adequate taxes to do social justice, that won't change after indy.

in other news, i managed to crash a mobility scooter again today, at least i didn't break bones this time, i've got some nasty grazes tho. need to be more careful.

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

? how the fuck ?  they go like 5 mph ?  😛 

tried to walk it down a kerb, but what i really did was walked the acellerator into my finger which made it shoot along, it dragged me to the ground, and then along 5 yards.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

tried to walk it down a kerb, but what i really did was walked the acellerator into my finger which made it shoot along, it dragged me to the ground, and then along 5 yards.

that was today's stupidity, first time i went for max speed when i had the front wheels on full lock into the dip of the camber at the side of the road, too reckless that was.

On 6/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, LJS said:

I refer to my earlier answer...

Ms Sturgeon added that subsequent papers would look at a number of areas including;

• currency
  • tax and spend
  • defence
  • social security and pensions
  • and EU membership and trade

a bold claim which you have just made up

liar

any word on the currency part of this yet.