The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

and in regard to Wickerman, and the Scottish Govts official version of festival funding support...

http://www.scottish-parliament.net/parliamentarybusiness/report.aspx?r=9937&mode=pdf

(from 6th May 2015) 

Festivals and Community Celebrations (South Scotland)

5. Claudia Beamish (South Scotland) (Lab):

To ask the Scottish Government what support it

will give to local festivals and community

celebrations across South Scotland, such as

Beltane in Peebles, Lanimers in Lanark and the

Wickerman festival in Dumfries and Galloway.

(S4O-04288)

The Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Europe

and External Affairs (Fiona Hyslop):

All Scotland’s festivals - both big and small, national

in outlook, such as the Wickerman festival, or

community focused, such as the Peebles Beltane

festival and the Lanimers festival in Lanark - are a

hugely important aspect of our culture. The

Scottish Government supports our festivals

through Creative Scotland and EventScotland,

which is VisitScotland’s events directorate.

Creative Scotland supports festivals that apply

directly to it for funding, and EventScotland

supports a portfolio of events through its national,

international and beacon programmes, which are

designed to assist events to grow their audience.

Support is also available through themed -year

funding, which in 2015 links inspirational events

with the year of food and drink

So, it's exceedingly clear from this that the T grant involved not-normal Scottish Govt proceedures.

No questions to answer?

Only in a world where the govt is not held to account.

Edited by eFestivals

And for those having a problem getting their head around this admittedly small story about possible corruption, the story is about possible corruption and not festival funding. Got it? It's very very simple.

I would want any govt in any place and of any political persuasion to be called to account over suspicious activities.  Why don't you? ;)

At no point am I saying that the Scottish Govt has done wrong. I am saying that given the suspicious circumstances to this grant the Scottish Govt needs to show that they haven't done wrong.

Edited by eFestivals

The BBC are now the snp-approved sole purveyors of truth?

Stand back and listen to yourself, ffs. Your fellow snippers would have you strung up as a traitor to the cause. Lol

It has been revealed the grant WAS made thru crony-type channels. An admitted fact by the SNP.

If crony-type channels are used by Tories that must be always OK with you.

Why would I give a flying fuck what snippers think of the BBC? 

For all the BBC's coverage of the Indyref was "flawed" they are the nearest we have to an impartial media outlet. The Herald - where you seem to be getting your info on Cronygate is certainly not impartial. It hates the SNP. So when the Herald runs a story like this, I head to the Beeb to see what they make of it & in this case, they appear to make next to nothing of it as has been the case with the previous stories you have wet your little unionist pants over. 

Rest assured that should I be proved wrong & there does turn out to have been malpractice of some sort here, I will condemn the guilty parties.

Until then, I suggest you dry your pants & concentrate on issues of more significance.

Why would I give a flying fuck what snippers think of the BBC? 

For all the BBC's coverage of the Indyref was "flawed" they are the nearest we have to an impartial media outlet. The Herald - where you seem to be getting your info on Cronygate is certainly not impartial. It hates the SNP. So when the Herald runs a story like this, I head to the Beeb to see what they make of it & in this case, they appear to make next to nothing of it as has been the case with the previous stories you have wet your little unionist pants over. 

Rest assured that should I be proved wrong & there does turn out to have been malpractice of some sort here, I will condemn the guilty parties.

Until then, I suggest you dry your pants & concentrate on issues of more significance.

so, the scales of justice are now operated by the mainstream media?

It's a good job for social justice that not everyone is as dumb as you.

The Herald hates the SNP? The same Herald who run a sister paper called The National?

That is correct. The National &the Sunday Herald are pro Indy.

The Herald (mon-sat) is pro union.

Whether it is actively "anti-snp" is a matter of opinion. In my opinion it is.

Neil finally gets his evidence linking SNP to Nazis...

"NAZI hunters are calling for an investigation into a chandelier hanging in Nicola Sturgeon’s official residence after claims it was looted by Hitler’s henchmen in the Second World War."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/598668/Chandelier-shame-Sturgeon-s-house-light-Nazi-loot

Neil finally gets his evidence linking SNP to Nazis...

"NAZI hunters are calling for an investigation into a chandelier hanging in Nicola Sturgeon’s official residence after claims it was looted by Hitler’s henchmen in the Second World War."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/598668/Chandelier-shame-Sturgeon-s-house-light-Nazi-loot

Anything but a discussion of the facts from LJS. Any diversion will do. :)

Where's the needed extra £15Bn each year coming from?

oh no LJS, you'll have to work up a bit of SNP-hate now, the BBC are on the case. :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-33963211

There's even criticism from a senior SNP member, so it's not like you'll be the only one .... mind you, you'll probably get called a traitor same as he's now being called :P

(yes, he really he ... which just goes to show how there's a Scottish culture where political criticism is unacceptable just like any one-party state)

So anyway, now that in your view there's a issue to be discussed and clarified, are you now able to recognise that there's reasonable grounds of suspicion of cronyism, that needs to be addressed with some facts about what happened?

Or do the SNP still get a free pass when there's suspicious activities?

(but do please note: no-where do I say "guilty, string 'em up" - only that a full explanation should be given, in context with other funding requests, to see whether this grant for the profit-making mega-corporate owners was good use of taxpayers money which might instead have been used for the benefit of the poor)

Edited by eFestivals
correcting typo

oh no LJS, you'll have to work up a bit of SNP-hate now, the BBC are on the case. :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-33963211

There's even criticism from a senior SNP member, so it's not like you'll be the only one .... mind you, you'll probably get called a traitor same as he's now being called :P

(yes, he really he ... which just goes to show how there's a Scottish culture where political criticism is unacceptable just like any one-party state)

So anyway, now that in your view there's a issue to be discussed and clarified, are you now able to recognise that there's reasonable grounds of suspicion of cronyism, that needs to be addressed with some facts about what happened?

Or do the SNP still get a free pass when there's suspicious activities?

(but do please note: no-where do I say "guilty, string 'em up" - only that a full explanation should be given, in content with other funding requests, to see whether this grant for the profit-making mega-corporate owners was good use of taxpayers money which might instead have been used for the benefit of the poor)

I wondered if you'd manage to find that, tucked away as it was on the local news page for Tayside & Central Scotland.

Good work.

Let's see if it can make it to the Scottish politics page.

I wondered if you'd manage to find that, tucked away as it was on the local news page for Tayside & Central Scotland.

Good work.

Let's see if it can make it to the Scottish politics page.

yeah, I really had to hunt it down, what with me having had google news alerts for the words "t in the park" set up for over a decade :lol:

Meanwhile, it's squirrel time.

Or perhaps a little easier for you to grasp....

HiRes.jpg

It's a little late i know, but the whole scottish independance vote was rigged. Did anyone see the youtube videos of the vote counters caught on camera deliberately taking yes ballot papers and putting them on the no pile....it was absolutely bloody shocking and i can't believe there was no investigation into that.

It's a little late i know, but the whole scottish independance vote was rigged. Did anyone see the youtube videos of the vote counters caught on camera deliberately taking yes ballot papers and putting them on the no pile....it was absolutely bloody shocking and i can't believe there was no investigation into that.

:lol:

The YouTube videos were not what was claimed of them.

There were investigations, and no complaints were upheld.

Some people have trouble accepting they lost the argument.

:lol:

The YouTube videos were not what was claimed of them.

There were investigations, and no complaints were upheld.

Some people have trouble accepting they lost the argument.

Watch the videos for yourself it's plain to see, they looked legit to me. Of course no complaints were upheld, it was destined to fail from the get go, this political system is flawed anyway but i'm not getting into a political argument.

I don't care who 'won or lost the argument' i just feel sorry for the scots who were swindled out of what the majority from what i saw, wanted.

Watch the videos for yourself it's plain to see, they looked legit to me. Of course no complaints were upheld, it was destined to fail from the get go, this political system is flawed anyway but i'm not getting into a political argument.

I don't care who 'won or lost the argument' i just feel sorry for the scots who were swindled out of what the majority from what i saw, wanted.

well if a grainy video on youtube looked legit to you, a mindless whopper on the internet, then that's it. Case closed. :lol:

Are there no depths you bitter snippers wont plumb?

The stars aligned to create the most perfect set of circumstances the raving nationalists could ever hope for. And you still lost. Convincingly.

Get over it.

well if a grainy video on youtube looked legit to you, a mindless whopper on the internet, then that's it. Case closed. :lol:

Are there no depths you bitter snippers wont plumb?

The stars aligned to create the most perfect set of circumstances the raving nationalists could ever hope for. And you still lost. Convincingly.

Get over it.

I lost nothing, i'm not scottish. I have nothing to get over.

:bye:

No thanks i'm vegetarian. And no i'm not scottish, i'm english. Chip on my shoulder? I think you need to re-read your replies and see how rude and insulting your posts are. Go away and troll somebody else...

No thanks i'm vegetarian. And no i'm not scottish, i'm english. Chip on my shoulder? I think you need to re-read your replies and see how rude and insulting your posts are. Go away and troll somebody else...

There are Legitimate explanations for the YouTube videos. This was covered on here some time back & even mad crazy snippers like me don't believe the vote was rigged.

Edited by LJS

There are Legitimate explanations for the YouTube videos. This was covered on here some time back & even mad crazy snippers like me don't believe the vote was rigged.

Fair enough mate, everybody has their opinion on the matter. I didn't see that discussion as i was inactive for years. I just saw the thread and wondered if people had seen those videos, i certainly didn't expect the replies i got....that's politics for you, i wish i'd not posted anything :sarcastic:

Fair enough mate, everybody has their opinion on the matter. I didn't see that discussion as i was inactive for years. I just saw the thread and wondered if people had seen those videos, i certainly didn't expect the replies i got....that's politics for you, i wish i'd not posted anything :sarcastic:

you're more than welcome to have a view and express it, but the content of those videos has long been thoroughly explained.

As you clearly didn't know that, people here have tried to put you right - including one of the resident SNP-ers.

Would you have preferred to be left in ignorance?

And, just out of interest, how much do you know of the fine detail of vote counting, to be able to know that a short snippet of film which shows just a table or two of a much bigger process is definitely fraud?

(I've seen a number of 'fraud' vids, but many months ago, so i'm not sure exactly which oen you'[re talking about ... tho they're all much the same).

Edited by eFestivals

No thanks i'm vegetarian. And no i'm not scottish, i'm english. Chip on my shoulder? I think you need to re-read your replies and see how rude and insulting your posts are. Go away and troll somebody else...

Sorry, I presumed you were one of the usual suspects masquerading under a different username....you had viberunner written all over you.

Edited by russycarps

Thanks for trying to put him right.

Tho you're not the maddest craziest snipper. They still believe.

Of course they do, there will always be some crazies who believe crazy stuff e.g.

"I'm supporting a party of solidarity, of social justice, with a solid record of delivery. You know, the Labour party"

Unbelievable eh?