The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

What they say and what they do (in the privacy of the voting booth) will be two different things.

Yes indeed. I read of a staunch Yes-voter saying that when they actually got to the booth even they hesitated and got a knot in their stomach when it came to the crunch. They still voted yes, but if even the hardcore yes-ers are hesitating then I guess the less sure could bottle it.

Time will tell.

Not very scientific I know, but of my little group of 7 who have variously been no/undecided/maybe all have voted or are voting yes. One girl at my work who has always been no got to the polling station & changed her mind. Then persuaded her boyfriend to vote yes.

They could all be lying of course but I doubt it. They all talk about how they felt as they voted.

What they say and what they do (in the privacy of the voting booth) will be two different things.

That works both ways though. Whilst I don't doubt that many will go with the intention of voting 'yes' and change to 'no' in the last minute through fear etc. there may be an equal number who go undecided or with the intention of voting no, and end up saying 'fuck it' and voting yes.

Between 8 and 10am tomorrow.

Really? I thought it was 6 and 7!

I am not sure why you are all so worried about setting foot in Scotland. We like English people fine. After all 450,000 of you live here and about a third of them are voting yes.

You are I take it concerned about some sort of backlash if there is a No vote. I don't see it myself. Despite what some of you seem to believe there has been absolutely no anti-English sentiment in this campaign & we are sensible enough to distinguish between Westminster & English people. If there is any backlash (& I don't really think there will be outwith chatrooms, I think Scottish Labour politicians are the most likely target.

Remember there has been persistent exaggeration of the tiny amount of trouble there has been in the campaign to such an extent that on two occasion the Scottish Police Federation has intervened to stress how well behaved & good natured the campaign has been.

I am assuming you will all forgive me for not addressing issues of the value of oil/ currency etc etc today

So if someone from Westminster goes to Scotland in the event of a no vote they should be worried then? Nice. Should we wear badges explaining where we work to insulate ourselves from violence?

Silly Russy. You know I was not talking about Westminster as a geographic term.

I was assuming you'd be rushing North to buy me a beer with your big win!!!

Think I heard there could be earlier indications with some of the larger areas if they declare early. I'm sure north Lanarkshire was one of those mentioned

I just saw on one of the news channels that results from my neck of the woods,Western Isles,would probably be the first in at around 1am with the bigger more densely populated areas last to give their results.

Did anyone see the abuse Andy Murray got on Twitter when he said he was voting yes? It was pretty horrific...

Don`t worry mate. JK Rowling will be all over this in the morning ! With his drop in form recently I think he was back to " Scotland`s Andy Murray " anyway. Imagine the scenes if he gets back to a Wimbledon final. The toffs booing him would be hilarious.

I just saw on one of the news channels that results from my neck of the woods,Western Isles,would probably be the first in at around 1am with the bigger more densely populated areas last to give their results.

Bu Choir

I have a friend from your neck of the woods who is a secret Yes voter & I am only allowed to know as I am far away.

The western Isles are truly beautiful places ... apart from the damn midges (and Sundays)

I was assuming you'd be rushing North to buy me a beer with your big win!!!

That was also my understanding mate.

Russy - I told the lads that you were on the bell tomorrow and I hear that after recovering from the shock ( of victory, not you buying a round ) a few of the boys are on the march to your local. I`m sure we will be made most welcome, as you would be up here.

• Upvote 1