Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

Me and a mate have our tickets and flights booked, Cant wait for this!!!!! :-)

Any body with any useful info on Hostels with good locations would be a real help, we are going to research and do our homework but a heads up from people who have been before is always a help. We are looking to stay City Centre (any info on decent clubs would also be nice)

We've been trying to suss out the getting to and from the venue and it looks like for those who aren't camping staying in city centre and using taxi's is the best bet???

We are going for 7 nights (Monday to Monday).

Any info would be great, other than that.....see you all out there!!!!!!!! :-)

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to stay in Lisbon, location wise you might want to know that:

Barrio Alto is the main party part of town (loads of cobbled streets with bars on but it all just swells out onto one big party on the streets well into the night - highly recommended!)

Cais De Sodre train station is the one that connects you to the nearest lively beaches (Estoril in about 20 mins then Cascais)

So somewhere near both these might be good (they're not a million miles apart - Lisbon isn't exactly huge)

After getting a new job today, am seriously considering this.

Campsite sounds great too... pool and daytime lounging about is almost a holiday.

Sent the facers messages out to a few mates tonight, if one says yes i'll be booking asap, off to hunt down more info now, no real concerns despite having done no non-uk festivals before, bring it on i say (and less drinking comapred to uk ones might do me some good!)

Definitely interested in going to Optimus Alive this year.

Has anyone stayed in the bungalows at the campsite before? would you recommend, what's the campsite atmosphere like?

Also, do you still need to buy a camping ticket to get access to the shuttlebus, even though we're staying in the bungalows, or can we just buy the 3 day pass?

ps. I'm assuming you can't take your own alcohol into the arena

Edited by Blky

On See Tickets, the three day ticket without camping now says Call venue so I presume they have sold out their allocation of those.

If so, with the three day ticket with camping, does the price include a bungalow or do you have to pre-book that yourself? If so, where from? If you don't, tents it is then?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question but there isn't much clear information on it, e.g. what happens when you buy the camping ticket does it allocate a bungalow for you (and your friend if being en mass), where to book bungalows if you have to etc. etc. etc.

You have to book the bungalow yourself: http://www.booking.c...ngalows.en.html

Though I think they're pretty much gone. So you can camp or get an apartment in Lisbon.

Re drinking on streets, in the main lively part of town - Barrio Alto - everyone takes their drinks out of the bars and then just drinks in the street. Also, when I was on a stag in Lisbon a few years back, there was a rule that we couldn't walk past an offie without buying a bottle of port to drink immediately and we didn't get into any trouble...

There's no laws on drinking in public.

http://www.thecure.c....aspx?nid=37683

It looks very likely that The Cure will be playing Optimus Alive. If you look close enough, you might see Lisbon and Bilbao marked on the map. That surely means Optmius Alive and Bilbao BBK. That's the headliner missing for the day of Florence + The Machine.

Edited by roadrunner66