Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see what they do here. I'd be surprised if they can magic up a new band to play, one of a similar size anyway. Losing a 2nd on the bill at the 11th hour sucks, but I'd not object to the Tricky/Katy B thing, would work out quite nicely for me I think. Or just shove someone in at the bottom and move everyone up one place?

I would prefer something new though, a nice surprise. Would have to be someone who is in the neighbourhood though I think.

Edit: Bloc Party maybe, they're at Bilbao on 12th? Or someone from Beni perhaps (who, incidentally have lost their Thursday headline act), De La Soul would be great.

Edited by TheNewUnion

p.s. Late I know, but is there anyone who has been before who can advise if you can take soft drinks in with you, I'm thinking water or maybe a couple "capri sun" type things. It's looking like it is going to be hot as funk, so I'll need a bunch of non-alcoholics to keep me hydrated (and upright)

Quick question.. I wont arrive at lisbon airport until after 7:30pm on Friday so I am looking to get to the campsite quickly. What would be the best way to do this?

I know I could get a taxi but not sure how much that would be? Any other ways of getting to the festival?

Help would be much appreciated :)

Will be interesting to see what they do here. I'd be surprised if they can magic up a new band to play, one of a similar size anyway. Losing a 2nd on the bill at the 11th hour sucks, but I'd not object to the Tricky/Katy B thing, would work out quite nicely for me I think. Or just shove someone in at the bottom and move everyone up one place?

I would prefer something new though, a nice surprise. Would have to be someone who is in the neighbourhood though I think.

Edit: Bloc Party maybe, they're at Bilbao on 12th? Or someone from Beni perhaps (who, incidentally have lost their Thursday headline act), De La Soul would be great.

in dreamland .... they will get at the drive in after ther set at beni :P .... however i doubt the florence fans will be happy with that

glad you had a good time as well! leaving tomorrow morning for lisbon cant wait!

I arrived in lisbon on wednesday and its been amazing. Its a great little city and easy to get around, the only issue has been the drug dealers on every corner trying to push drugs, no doubt they are all fakes as well. Its daunting at first but if your firm they just leave you alone.

The festival site looks amazing, really small and compact. I went past it yesterday on the train. for people commuting to and from Lisbon it should be really easy as its no longer than a ten minute train journey. The cue at cais do sodre train station yesterday was huge and that was just for the beach so i advise getting there early. i got a train,tube and ferry pass for 4 days at £19.50 so should be cheaper for a 3 day pass.

I have everything crossed for AT THE DRIVE IN.

Cannot wait for Refused and Stone roses today.

Have a great weekend

Anyone looking to get shot of a 3 day ticket? My mate"s never arrived and he can"t get a replacement, so any help would be much appreciated. We"re staying in one of the campsite bungalows so meeting up won"t be a problem and his number is 07541572736.

It"s a longshot, but hey ho.

I arrived in lisbon on wednesday and its been amazing. Its a great little city and easy to get around, the only issue has been the drug dealers on every corner trying to push drugs, no doubt they are all fakes as well. Its daunting at first but if your firm they just leave you alone.

The festival site looks amazing, really small and compact. I went past it yesterday on the train. for people commuting to and from Lisbon it should be really easy as its no longer than a ten minute train journey. The cue at cais do sodre train station yesterday was huge and that was just for the beach so i advise getting there early. i got a train,tube and ferry pass for 4 days at £19.50 so should be cheaper for a 3 day pass.

I have everything crossed for AT THE DRIVE IN.

Cannot wait for Refused and Stone roses today.

Have a great weekend

and what a great festival it was :) all 3 headliners on top form, every night was a one to remember. and all the rest - a bonus (Antlers, Maccabees, Tricky?!, and so many more). Lisbon is a sleepy charming city, beach was clear, people's vibe friendly. the only downside of OA is its being too clean, i.e nothing more than beer around. guess it's a huge upside as well.

Hope you've enjoyed it, tks to all who contributed here. see ya and have fun :)

Edited by jordi

just got back... had a great time

Refused, Tricky and Gesaffelstein were stand outs for me

great festival .... great city ..... great time!

loved the corinthia as well .... 5* for festivals is the way forward :P