Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

Hi - I am a Glastonbury regular and last year went to latitude for first time and will be going again next weekend. It is much much smaller festival than Glastonbury. We arrived about 6pm on thursday. I could see the entrance from where the car was parked- much shorter walking with stuff distance! Camping areas not overcrowded- plenty of space. Yellow is nearer arena and busier. Other camping quieter but a little more of a walk to arena. All bags are searched on entry to arena for cans etc. but as it was raining was possible to sneak in something under poncho!! Heavy rain meant stayed in word tent and saw new artists which were nice surprise - and old ones- OMD and Adam Ant!

Site didn't get too muddy -not glast style just in a few places walking back through to campsites and in the forest. Getting off site on Monday was not too bad. Everywhere close together do not too tiring. Try and see some of the literary/ comedy/theatre/ Cabaret tents- will be drier at least! Caught some great acts. It's a bit middle class radio 2 crowd but good fun! Main stage has some seating for those who need a proper sit down. Easy to get to front of stage. Nice food, lots for kids to do. Only issue really last year was a problem with the water on site- they had to bring in bottled water and water tanks as the stand pipes weren't working. Toilets were good- bog roll and cleaned with attendants permanently on hand!! Have fun- bring wellies and umbrella!!

Nice info, cheers for that. Looking forward to something different and less mileage on foot !

Wish they'd release the stage times already. I want to get planning

they are up but not where you may have been looking

go to http://latitudefestival.co.uk/line-up/atoz.aspx

then select a name - so for example

http://latitudefestival.co.uk/line-up/artist/paul_weller

is playing Obelisk Arena - Sunday 15th July, 21:30 - 23:00

they are up but not where you may have been looking

go to http://latitudefesti...ne-up/atoz.aspx

then select a name - so for example

http://latitudefesti...ist/paul_weller

is playing Obelisk Arena - Sunday 15th July, 21:30 - 23:00

Thanks, I've seen that now.

It's really difficult to read though. Hard to compare when other acts are on

its better than nothing - I am sure there will be a page that pops up but it may not appear until the weekend

I recall the first year - although they claimed there was a map no map was ever released until sometime over the weekend so I only saw a map after Latitude 2006

best to check https://twitter.com/LatitudeFest as that is where I found out the stage times.

It'ds better than having to pay £10 to get a lanyard with the set times.

At least since they're published beforehand someone will use them to create an accurate clashfinder that you can print off.

It'ds better than having to pay £10 to get a lanyard with the set times.

At least since they're published beforehand someone will use them to create an accurate clashfinder that you can print off.

There's a (rather garishly coloured) clashfinder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/flvi9wrqaqih02j/latitude%202012%20music%20and%20comedy.pdf

There's also one on Halvin's site based on previous year's times, to be updated shortly no doubt.

As a veteran of 9 Glastos but first-timer at Latitude last year I'd agree with Sedra's assessment of the place above - except that I wasn't impressed with the food (bar the roast dinner in a giant yorkshire, mmm). The excellent Hektor real ales on sale at the bars made up for it though!

please note ' this is not my image ' so I can only be 99% certain its genuine

this shows the WBC Crew area and was shot yesterday and as I have camped there since 2006 that is the crew site but I cant prove it was shot in 2012 but highly likely it was.

clearly other campsites may not be as good as this but it shows you its not as bad as other recent festivals.

of course as more people arrive it will get rougher but its looking far better than I was expecting

lat-9-july-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Anyone know what Elbows set list was, they had a long headline slot, nearly two hours I think, so may have dabbled with some older stuff, pre SSK. Then again they may have just played more from SSK and BARB. Really want them to play some older staff because they have a stunning back catalogue, and have released their earlier albums this year

Is any of this on TV this year, I can't find any coverage anywhere

Hope your all having a great time!

Anyone know what Elbows set list was, they had a long headline slot, nearly two hours I think, so may have dabbled with some older stuff, pre SSK. Then again they may have just played more from SSK and BARB. Really want them to play some older staff because they have a stunning back catalogue, and have released their earlier albums this year

Is any of this on TV this year, I can't find any coverage anywhere

Hope your all having a great time!

Just found the set list, looks as if they played Leaders of the Free World and Scattered Black and Whites off pre SSK albums. You lucky people, Scattered is one of my all time favourite Elbow songs. Still like a few more from earlier albums though, Newborn, Powder Blue, Fugitive Motel, etc, etc....