Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

They rarely playing anything from albums pre SSK these days. station Approach and if your lucky Great Expectations but thats about it. Saying that they did play Scattered Black and Whites at their Manchester Cathedral gig at Manchester Cathedral gig last year, which was absolutely immense. I recommend a watch of them performing that song on YouTube - it sums up why I like them so much in one song!

surely with a headline slot and 1 1/2 hours to fill they can find the time for an old stand out ;)

and i will be very disapointed if newborn isnt there too, it was truly beautiful last time they played henham park http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elbow/2008/henham-park-southwold-england-2bd52402.html

Edited by Tugger2k

... Just watched Scattered Black and Whites at Manchester Cathedral on YouTube, and my god is that good. I beg everyone to watch that song from start to finish. That's Elbow and if you are not moved by that performance alone, then you will not enjoy Elbow ever! awe inspiring stuff

In my opinion!

surely with a headline slot and 1 1/2 hours to fill they can find the time for an old stand out ;)

and i will be very disapointed if newborn isnt there too, it was truly beautiful last time they played henham park http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elbow/2008/henham-park-southwold-england-2bd52402.html

I was there with my wife that night and it was such a treat to have Elbow followed by Sigur Ros. Heavenly line up that night

Haven't heard them play Newborn live since then however...

I was there with my wife that night and it was such a treat to have Elbow followed by Sigur Ros. Heavenly line up that night

beautiful wasnt it

a truly great 3 hours of aural heaven

Haven't heard them play Newborn live since then however...

:(

disaster. cant find my digital (damn you virus's and system reboots) or cd's (damn me for not filing them alphabetically correctly).

reduced to shitty youtube's of 'dont get weird on me babe'

right, 4 hours of spotifing, a certain swedish website that shall not be mentioned (and similar sites) and trawling through band and myspace websites merely reveals

sbtrtk & we have band are on friday

battles are on saturday

alabama shakes & we are augustines are on sunday

and that it so far

but i have a LOT to listen to

roll on the 12th july

right, 4 hours of spotifing, a certain swedish website that shall not be mentioned (and similar sites) and trawling through band and myspace websites merely reveals

sbtrtk & we have band are on friday

battles are on saturday

alabama shakes & we are augustines are on sunday

and that it so far

but i have a LOT to listen to

roll on the 12th july

Nice work.

I am going to look Alabama Shakes - they have been mentioned a few times but never heard them before.

Nice work.

I am going to look Alabama Shakes - they have been mentioned a few times but never heard them before.

i know your not a justin vernon fan, BUT, just imagine, the obelisk, starlight, a respectful crowd........

considering that last year Elbow were 2nd headliners (to coldplay) at glastonbury, and 2nd headliners (to Muse) at reading, they have a MASSIVE appeal at the moment. i havent ventured into the glasto forums for a while but i know there was a considerable clamour for them to headline, and considering the the big g is about x6 the size of latitude its a real coup for Latitude to be giving them their 1st Headline performance

Elbow headlined Bestival in 2009. But I agree with the rest of what you've said.

They rarely playing anything from albums pre SSK these days. station Approach and if your lucky Great Expectations but thats about it. Saying that they did play Scattered Black and Whites at their Manchester Cathedral gig at Manchester Cathedral gig last year, which was absolutely immense. I recommend a watch of them performing that song on YouTube - it sums up why I like them so much in one song!

Fingers crossed we will be getting some of the earlier stuff. They're re-releasing Cast of Thousands and Leaders of the Free World (I only know this as they held the launch do at the pub my sisters bloke runs in Manchester), so lets hope this means they'll feel able to delve into the back catalogue :)

Fingers crossed we will be getting some of the earlier stuff. They're re-releasing Cast of Thousands and Leaders of the Free World (I only know this as they held the launch do at the pub my sisters bloke runs in Manchester), so lets hope this means they'll feel able to delve into the back catalogue :)

That's a good point, they are promoting the re-release of those two albums quite a bit on their website at the moment so maybe there's a chance for some older stuff. Fingers crossed! They certainly have flogged SSK to death over the past 4 years, so unlikely they will get many more sales of that album any more. Playing some older stuff should trigger some sales of those earlier albums, which are real gems, especially LOTFW

Edited by dingbat2

That's a good point, they are promoting the re-release of those two albums quite a bit on their website at the moment so maybe there's a chance for some older stuff. Fingers crossed! They certainly have flogged SSK to death over the past 4 years, so unlikely they will get many more sales of that album any more. Playing some older stuff should trigger some sales of those earlier albums, which are real gems, especially LOTFW

'LOTFW' is their best album by far...how that didn't do what 'Seldom Seen Kid' did is beyond me!

Mumford & Sons have only had one album - they're not 'too big' for anything. They're headlining Rockness (20,000) so I think that headlining Latitude (25,000) would be exactly within their league.

I think Bjork is too big for Latitude myself, Bestival is twice the size. They only reason I could see for her playing there would be because of the nature of her current Biophelia show.

Elbow just seem like a safe name, and they've played everywhere else too recently.

Where did you get that figure RockNess is a 35,000 capacity festival since 2007 like the Electric Picnic, the figure you are going by is possibly per day rather than over the weekend.

Hello.

First time back on efests in a while.

A Glasto/ATP/Primavera regular, I'm taking the plunge on Latitude. Headliners are bobbins (Bon Iver aside) but the undercard is RIDICULOUS.

We'd like to get the coach but would need to leave after work on Thursday. Don't seem to be any Nat Express coaches for this time? Any help?

Also I read on the Vampire Weekend year there was a bit of a bad vibe - just a blip?

And what do the bars serve?

Sorry for all the Qs, but hopefully will break up conversations about "who's big enough to headline X festival" - which after many years on the Glasto forum I find unfathomably boring! (sorry guys!)

A Glasto/ATP/Primavera regular, I'm taking the plunge on Latitude. Headliners are bobbins (Bon Iver aside) but the undercard is RIDICULOUS.

We'd like to get the coach but would need to leave after work on Thursday. Don't seem to be any Nat Express coaches for this time? Any help?

Also I read on the Vampire Weekend year there was a bit of a bad vibe - just a blip?

And what do the bars serve?

Sorry for all the Qs, but hopefully will break up conversations about "who's big enough to headline X festival" - which after many years on the Glasto forum I find unfathomably boring! (sorry guys!)

Certainly agree with you on the undercard! Artists behind most of my favourite albums of last year are there (Jonathan Wilson, St Vincent, M83, Josh T Pearson). As for the headliners I do think Elbow will be momentous on Saturday night though, the festival as a whole (and the Obelisk stage) is perfect for them.

Can't help you with buses, or the vibe the Vampire Weekend year, but was very nice last year. You should be aware it's a much smaller and more middle-class/family festival than Glasto (can't comment on ATP and Primavera), but aside from plenty of pissed-up Henrys and Hugos away from Mummy and Daddy for the first time, it makes for a very easy-going few days. The sight itself is beautiful - the lake, hill, woods, it's just gorgeous.

Bars serve a couple of fantastic real ales - Hektor's Pure and Scarecrow - otherwise it's Tuborg and your usual. Eco-friendly cup deposit system.

Hope that's useful!

• Upvote 1