Just heard this...

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the isle of wight forum

Anyway back to the Boss- its almost definitely gunna be him.

Reasons? Well in the E Street Nation for a few weeks its been heavily rumoured that him and the band will play Sunderland's Stadium of Light, Hyde Park and a venue south of Hyde Park- which means, really, the Rose Bowl, St Mary's Stadium or Isle of White festival. I live in Southampton with ties to both grounds and have heard nothing of any such pending announcement. Then I heard that Italian concert promoters have said that Bruce will be announcing his italian dates on monday, along with a world tour and new album. Then I went on the Hyde Park site and it says that 8am Monday morning they'll announce their first headliner and sure enough I come on here and Absolute Radio says they'll be releasing the first headline at 8am Monday. So I would be staggered if its not the Boss.

Snow patrol have headlined IOW, V and Oxegen and have just sold out nights at the O2 and around the countey so they are only getting bigger. I can't see then subbing anyone.

John Giddings has said the legend headliner slot that they have had in prev years will be back. Are Radiohead into Legend yet?? If so maybe they fit.

Everyone seems to be linking The Killers with IOW so that's a possibility.

You have Elbow subbing which in my opinion won't happen, I think they will start headlining festivals now. They subbbed at Glasto and have been very very popular.

So saying all that my guess is:

The Killers

Mumford and Sons

Elbow

Florence and the Machine

Radiohead

Noel Gallagher

That Springsteen comment is ace! Filled me with joy, regardless of whether it's reliable or not - just the thought of Bruuuuuce being back on the circuit is enough hope for me! :-D

However, Springsteen's return, if there is one, won't get announced at 8am tomorrow - that kind of info would hit late afternoon when America wakes. So maybe the rumoured 2nd announcement later in the week...? :-)

My 1st original one. I mean, if so then I'd have 2 out of 3 headliners which it still could be.

Someone has a point about Bryan though, maybe not headliner.

The Killers

Bruce

Radiohead is pretty huge. Though still got a few reserves about them due to their UK show comments.

I'm guessing a big reason for the addition to SR was at the time, as a lot of others thought, depsite them saying UK shows are indoor gigs, IOW/HRC looked quite a good chance but down to R I imagine as new info suggests it's not happening. The 3rd headliner will be interesting, pretty sure Friday will be Kasabian