The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked that the people selling poppers were also selling rain macs ?!?

What a strange combination of items to sell

BTW I saw no fights, piss throwing or cocaine use, but I did see a lot of adidas tops and kangol hats :biggrin:

There was a fairly constant flow of pint glasses full of amber liquid in the air. After the queues and prices at the bar, I'm willing to bet it wasn't alcohol.

Awesome gig though, never thought I would get to see them live. That's a life ambition happilly fulfilled :)

Went last night too.

The mud wasn't as bad as everyone was making out, although that perhaps was only coming from people who don't go to festivals!

Got on site whilst The Wailers were on, no queue to get in, sailed through, queues for the bars were a joke so opted not to bother at all, and that then also saved needing to go to the toilet!

Thought Plan B was pretty dreadful, really enjoyed the Roses, like others said Fools Gold was highly enjoyable, only gripe was that I thought Ian Brown could have interacted with the crowd a little more.

Lots of people doing poppers...and more than enough people gurning away on pills.

Got out of the venue easily enough and my mate dropped me off in Oxford at 3.15am, which wasn't too bad.

Have now recovered from Sunday ( just ). Thought the Roses were magic. Much much better than I was secretly dreading. Would seem that advancements in sound technology have done wonders for IB. He stalks the stage and there were some real highlights as has been mentioned.

One of the bars was just pure mud by the time you got to the front - 30mins before Plan B.

I was clearly hammered as I actually enjoyed his set :suicide:

Thought the Wailers were really good. Half an hour into the roses set we found ourselves wandering from the bar - no q by this point - straight into the wristband only circle. I would agree that with so much money being made a few more bars and toilets would be in order.

Was looking forward to catching their set again at T on bbc2/3 this weekend but notice they are only advertising Noel Gallagher on the Saturday. I know there is a documentary dvd thing on the go. Anyone know if they are refusing to be filmed / shown by the bbc this weekend ????

Guest manc_al

Was just about to post about this myself. If anyone spotted him at all on the Friday night please get in touch with the police and let them know where you saw him.

34nrz37.jpg

There was a fairly constant flow of pint glasses full of amber liquid in the air. After the queues and prices at the bar, I'm willing to bet it wasn't alcohol.

Awesome gig though, never thought I would get to see them live. That's a life ambition happilly fulfilled :)

Edited by adders28