EXIT FESTIVAL 2012 SERBIA

Guest coooolpete

Hi

Exit does have different rates for their Eastern European neighbours bearing in mind their lower income & for UK it's etickets that handle most of their bookings.

I'd imagine it would be difficult to do that otherwise everyone would.

Nick

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind paying more than most for our tickets, but I would be bothered if it is see tickets pocketing the extra £50 per ticket and not the event organisers themselves.

Do you mind me asking where the best place to get tickets and sort accommodation is in your mind then?

Going to exit is going to for 4-5 days of our honeymoon round eastern Europe, when would people recommend arriving-leaving? Is it worth booking everything in advance or getting a room on arrival?

Thanks for any info

hey Papa

If you're from the UK

etickets is the UK main seller

Sort accommodation with us of course!!

It could be a busy one this year with glast down so best to organise everything before hand

Arrive on the wed before the fest & leave on the tuesday

Novi Sad is more or less empty after that.

Nick

exitconnectuk

Booked my flights today, going direct from Edinburgh - Budapest from the Tuesday - Tuesday with Jet2. Managed to use my Consumer Pulse points I've collected to book them, so only actually paid £57 for the flight :)

The will be spending a night in Budapest before getting the transfer from there to Novi Sad on the Wednesday.

Got 5 nights booked into the Hotel Vojvodina which looks good and nice and central. Also includes breakfast though not sure will be up that early each day!

Then transfer back to Budapest on the Monday for another night there then fly home on the Tuesday.

Still to book the overnight stops in Budapest, so if anyone has any recommendations let me know.

All coming together nicely, just need an announcement to crank up the excitement levels!! :D

Hi paul im looking into going as well, would probably get them same flights as you mention. Who have you booked the transfers from budapest to novi sad with? You been to exit before? I have heard very good things about it.

Edited by Paul ™

Booked the transfers with euFest which were £44 return and also booked our accommodation in Novi Sad with them too, for the 5 nights in the Hotel Vojvodina which is not far from the festival site.

Still to book our accommodation for the 1 night either side of the festival in Budapest, but looking at that just now and theres plenty choice at reasonable rates.

Nope, never been before and neither is any of our group that is travelling over. Heard nothing but good things too, plus makes a bit of a holiday out of it too :)

There is 5 of us booked up so far, who you planning on going with?

Cheers will look into that then. Have you heard what the camping at the festival is like? We are probably more likely to do that than hotel. Just a few of my mates, in the early stages of planning just now. Got a busy year at uni this year so only get 2 weeks off at summer, doing t the weekend before then hopefully exit too!

I have survived a week camping at sudoeste in portugal the last 2 summer so i reckon if i can survive that i can survive any variety of camping! Will hopefully get booking soon, will let you know. Im sure you have your own contacts who have been but if you have any questions i can ask my friend who was there recently. And i may do likewise with you if i have any other questions! :)

From experience it's bloody damn hot camping, don't expect much sleep when the sun rises and comes through the trees!!

I bought some bulldog clips and survival sheets (space blankets?) from Poundland if I'm correct, pair of scissors, masking tape to strengthen the edges and this was partly how my tent looked before Exit...

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222655_10150185153129183_510229182_6641453_4507035_n.jpg

It helped that's for sure. After a few nights, someone stole a sheet, I woke and thought it's warm this morning. My side of the tent had the sun beating down on it, the other side was still quite dark, so pack a few spare sheets.

Oh, and randomly be aware that security at the airports may slash a small corner of your tent bag and confiscate your tent pegs, fecking arseholes! Still, good way to meet people "Excuse me, do you have any spare tent pegs?" ha ha ha. Not like it didn't say anywhere on the tent bag that it was a tent!!

I would say Exit Festival is one of Europe's best music festivals, the combination of the setting, sun, people, music and the serbian atmosphere completely blew me away. One of the most amazing events I have ever been to! because Serbia isn't in the EU prices for beer, cigarette's, food etc.. are very cheap! A lot cheaper compared to anywhere else in Europe. smile.gif

You dance all night till the sun comes up then everyone heads to the beach/campsite for whatever sleep they can get. The heat is impossible to sleep in a tent in, some wise people brought hammocks, I just bought a lilo at the local supermarket and that provided me with a cool bed for the whole festival! smile.gif There are also tree's on the beach where most people pass out under during the day. The campsite for 2011 was alot better, it was moved to a small forest which provided shade to sleep in during the day! and this new campsite is right beside the beach!

As for the serbian police and drugs... If you are going to do/take/buy anything, do it when the sun goes down and in the crowds. A lot of locals sell within and outside the festival (in the city we got handed a leaflet for 'transport links to belgrade airport' with a phone number on it, the guy leaned in a whispered "this is not for transport, this is for drugs")

The festival is littered with undercover police, just trying to arrest and fine tourists for their own pocket. The police in Serbia are very corrupt, so don't expect them to treat you like police from home. The undercover police wear small black satchels over their shoulders and are constantly on the look out for drugs. You'll spot them about the festival, looking like normal festival go-ers with a black satchel.

My friend sparked up during the day in the campsite and within 10 minutes undercover police arrived. We didn't see him for 24 hours and he came back with a few stories to tell.. Ended up being fined £350, and he said that the fines very much depended on how much the police liked you and felt like fining you.

It's a huge festival with such a diverse range of people and music! You can really get what you want from this festival whether it being raving all night in the dance arena or taking it easy and enjoying the atmosphere, skankin' at the reggae stage till the sun comes up smile.gif The city offers a lot during the day, you can browse the markets, go to the local beach or sit in one of the cafe's and have lunch! The food in Serbia is amazing!

I can't recommend this festival enough, my friends convinced me to go last year and I am forever grateful! See you at Exit 2012. smile.gif