Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im off to see the black keys in a couple of weeks in edinburgh and i cant wait, theyre being supported by band of skulls who have a new album coming out and are a great live act as well.

the first bands were officially announced on the 1st March last year, Still got that mail as well cos i never seem to delete any of the stuff i get and the inbox is stupidly full ! sure we had a hint about Blondie few days before like JDOG says, i remember all the facebook abuse the organisers were getting to release the line up as well ! sure this year will be the same as well.

still got my reciept from last year where i bought them on date of release, 8th feb. Picked em up then to make sure i got emperors field tickets which sell out on day 1.

with the deposit scheme the balance had to be paid in full by 1st june.

im sure they'll probably adopt a similar policy this year as well

I'll be honest...if they announced KOL I'd be disappointed! Miserable bunch of f***ers. You want headliners who actually want to be there...seen them a couple of times now and they genuinely look like they could not give less of a shit. Thank God it'll never happen!

Edited by sums98

I'll be honest...if they announced KOL I'd be disappointed! Miserable bunch of f***ers. You want headliners who actually want to be there...seen them a couple of times now and they genuinely look like they could not give less of a shit. Thank God it'll never happen!

think i must have seen KOL about 5 or 6 times now, every time was in the early days. Still got the ticket stubs for 2004, 2005 as well as a few others Remember after seeing them play the metro Arena up here i vowed never to go again as they seemed to have totally changed from the raw bluesy rock style i remembered to a watered down overhyped version.

had the chance to see them since but left it to the fans who thought sex on fire was their first single and knew nothing of their earlier stuff.

The fan base changed as well as the band which wasnt the best thing

Well.I too am an old school fan of them,as is the crowd that I go with to see KOL,although we always do the barrier at KOL gigs ,from the early days, to the present day,yup they have changed ,but hasnt everyone since 2004/2005?

its all so predictable to bring up the SOF fans,and I dont follow these trends if at all possible :) Just saying :)

Anyway..any info on when KC goes on sale?

If your right I`d love to be there................how quickly does this sell out ?

Saw James at Wickerman last year where they were badly let down by a f***ed up sound system. Would love to see them again at one of the " smaller " festivals. They have been announced for a wee festival in Fife in May so hopefully full summer plans will be announced soon.

If your right I`d love to be there................how quickly does this sell out ?

Saw James at Wickerman last year where they were badly let down by a f***ed up sound system. Would love to see them again at one of the " smaller " festivals. They have been announced for a wee festival in Fife in May so hopefully full summer plans will be announced soon.

The main headline acts were released at the start of march last year

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/11/110301a.shtml

The 2md release of names seemed to take ages ! that came out on Wednesday 20th April, after 6 weeks of people going mental on facebook about the line up !

The festival will sell out for sure, i'm not condoning anyone doing it but if you were to buy a ticket and didnt like the final line up you could easily get your money back selling it on ebay or the kendal calling facebook page.

yeah like you say it cant be long till we get the first idea what the headliners are gonna be, hope for your sake lippy it is James or youre gonna be gutted come the closing act of the festival.

Have you seen James live before ?

Theyre a group ive always liked but never seen live, gotta happen someday

yeah like you say it cant be long till we get the first idea what the headliners are gonna be, hope for your sake lippy it is James or youre gonna be gutted come the closing act of the festival.

Have you seen James live before ?

Theyre a group ive always liked but never seen live, gotta happen someday