Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

Definitely going to Sziget this year, having been to exit and benicassim previously i know im going to love it.

Just a few questions for anyone who can answer them:

1) how far is the festival from budapest airport?

2)I'm going to arrive on the Monday (6th Aug) probably night time, will there be plenty of good spaces with shade?

3) Afterwards i am going to try and get tickets to Lowlands or Pukkelpop if i fail, has anyone gone from sziget to either? how did you do it as flights are showing as over £150 and rail looks expensive too??

Cheers in advance x

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely going to Sziget this year, having been to exit and benicassim previously i know im going to love it.

Just a few questions for anyone who can answer them:

1) how far is the festival from budapest airport?

2)I'm going to arrive on the Monday (6th Aug) probably night time, will there be plenty of good spaces with shade?

3) Afterwards i am going to try and get tickets to Lowlands or Pukkelpop if i fail, has anyone gone from sziget to either? how did you do it as flights are showing as over £150 and rail looks expensive too??

Cheers in advance x

Last few times when we've stayed in Pest found the the to easiest ways back from the island are either the Radio 1 boat which will drop you off on either side of the river in the city centre, or taxi...there is a very well organised taxi rank just as you exit the festival and the price is very good, plus they will tell you the fare beforehand (BEWARE of unoffical taxis of site though as these will rip you off big time)

stevoooo

yeah its usually about 1-2am we we head back, queues are fine around them, I imagine its much busier earlier on just after the main stage headliners but around 2 will be fine. Think the boat is every half hour or so, they have a timetable up so you can check before

Seeing as we are going to be driving and arriving with shed loads of beer, was wondering if you can take any in? Looked on the website and it basically says a minimal amount in the arena! Is it like Glasto and the arena refers to where you camp and watch music? Or is the camping and music seperate? If we can't take any beer in at all we are going to spend a fortune!

seriously considering Sziget as my glasto alternative this year.

Just a quick question though

Will I be missing much if I get the non camping pass and cant get in till the 8th? I want to camp but the thought of camping in the heat is putting the girlfriend off.

Looking at going over for 2 weeks and just chilling out in and around Budapest the week after

seriously considering Sziget as my glasto alternative this year.

Just a quick question though

Will I be missing much if I get the non camping pass and cant get in till the 8th? I want to camp but the thought of camping in the heat is putting the girlfriend off.

Looking at going over for 2 weeks and just chilling out in and around Budapest the week after

Seeing as we are going to be driving and arriving with shed loads of beer, was wondering if you can take any in? Looked on the website and it basically says a minimal amount in the arena! Is it like Glasto and the arena refers to where you camp and watch music? Or is the camping and music seperate? If we can't take any beer in at all we are going to spend a fortune!

If you're coming to Budapest on Day -3 or Day -2, it usually is possible to access the island by car. To enter you should drive to the south bridge of the island and be prepared to pay a €100 deposit, that you'll get back if leave the island with your car within a certain amount of time (you should ask for that there, I don't how long you'll have). If you don't put your beer in the sight of the guards, it should be easy to bring it in.

But hey, beers on the islands don't costs that much and will probably be much cooler than beer illegally brought onto the site. I'd just go for that. More attractive imo would be to smuggle in some spirits you can mix with non-alcoholic drinks you can either buy on the island or in a supermarket.

Make sure to visit some of them next time you're in Budapest! 'Instant' is a really cool one if you want to dance, and 'Szimpla' is great for having a drink. Depending on the kind of music they're playing, 'Corvin Teto' can be really nice too. From the roof you have quite a nice view over Budapest.

Make sure to visit some of them next time you're in Budapest! 'Instant' is a really cool one if you want to dance, and 'Szimpla' is great for having a drink. Depending on the kind of music they're playing, 'Corvin Teto' can be really nice too. From the roof you have quite a nice view over Budapest.

It's on top of the Corvin warehouse. On the roof is a nice terrace and the floor below is for clubbing. But you better check on their website what music they're playing, if it's not your kind of music it can be a bit disappointing... Instant is like a labyrinth and has three floors for dancing, so there's always something you'll like.

I've been looking at the possibility of driving from the UK but am now considering flying to Serbia (Belgrade) for a few days then catching the train up to Budapest in time for the festival. I'm struggling to find any consistent information on the train times and price - has anyone caught this train before? I presume they run all day but night time ones are available.

Basically, I'm trying to determine how much a single daytime ticket from Belgrade to Budapest would cost if I turned up at the station to book it the day before I intended to travel.

Apologies for the rather long-winded question; any advice or information would be appreciated.