Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as they have started selling tickets at least we know the dates.- Friday 29 June to Sunday 1 July 2012

2012 Reduced Weekend Tickets are on sale - £130 inc camping and parking from: http://www.eventim.co.uk/hopfarm

Going from that link it appears to have a 50,000 limit.

I have only ever worked at the event so my experience would be different to a ticketholder.

The ticketholder camping area looks not bad at all although there is a lot less to do within the arena compared to Glasto.

Its a fair old tramp to the ticketholder campsite from the carpark or Coach drop off point but less of a walk if your camping in boutique camping although as its mainly flat there is no big hills to climb.

By the way they do run a shuttle service from the train station and there was lots of them as I had to wait for two friends on Friday morning { who had tickets for that one day } so was surprised to see them running so frequently.

There is a hidden Pub near the carpark entrance but I am not sure if this is open to the public as there was security standing near the entrance path but as I had a crew pass they never stopped me .{ there may be another entrance path for locals but cant say for certain as I was not looking for it }

It has a cracking back garden and if my memory is correct it was £3 a pint for lager.Unlike other events we don't have a Crew Campsite bar so it was packed out by us.

Hop farm has some images at https://www.facebook...tival?sk=photos

As for who Vince will book well that is all up in the air.

I would not say there is much of a festival buzz about it as there was a fair number of day ticketholders although this may change now they appear to have fixed a three day event.

hop-farm-2011-area.jpg

I live in Kent but have never been to this festival. With no Glasto next year I really can't Work out which to try and go too (IOW, Hop Farm and Lounge on the Farm being the smaller alternative) (plus anything with Biffy Clyro or The Killers at will come into the equation).

Got to say the ticket Prices may sway me, and £130 for the Hop Farm seems quite good for a 3 day event (considering IOW will be £200 plus another £50 to get there). Sure lounge will be slightly cheaper but the acts of course will be smaller.

Anyone been to them all?? Or can offer any thoughts?

Cheers

Dont forget Vince has claimed he is going to bring back the Phoenix - see /topic/164872-phoenix-festival-2012/">http://www.efestival...-festival-2012/

its true we don't have a date or who is on or ticket price but if he is serious about it he will market it in a competitive fashion.

it used to be dead simple in the old days { the last festival ticket I bought was in 1987 } as festivals used to advertise well in advance who was on before the tickets went on sale but these days people have to take a leap of faith.

it used to be dead simple in the old days { the last festival ticket I bought was in 1987 } as festivals used to advertise well in advance who was on before the tickets went on sale but these days people have to take a leap of faith.

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 3 weeks later...

Loved it this year. Loved the acts, loved the whole atmosphere, especially loved chilling out after the music by watching Stewart Lee, Simon Munnery et al...

Suppose we best get started discussing potential headliners then. Let's face it, after this year there's an even smaller group for them to pick from. They'll have to try and get ones who'll live up to this year.

At a very big push: Fleetwood Mac. They'd be one of the few bookings who could live up to Prince. Speculation they'll be touring next year. Unlikely but don't rule them out.

Paul Mcartney- hasn't he just announced a new tour? Seems like a fairly good bet to me.

The Stone Roses- This of course depends on whether or not the reunion rumours are true, but they seem to be at the moment. efestivals seem to think they'll be at V but you never know.

Anyone else?

• 1 month later...

I did not see his performance but I do know the campsite was 99.99% empty. - at other events I don't think I have ever seen such a quiet campsite.

This shot was taken as Prince started his performance - soon after we lost the two customers on the right but the two on the left stayed about all night.

That bar was empty until the end of the show when by sods law all the staff you see on the left had to leave to catch a coach back to London and the Team that was supposed to take their places failed to show up so Roy { the guy on the right } and I stayed to cover the bar and it got very busy indeed.

~~ have a read at http://www.kentnews....iners_1_1120306

Mr Power told kentnews.co.uk: “We’ll probably announce all the main headliners by the end of the month. { November }

We’re just finalising the details now.

POWERS-BAR-HOP-FARM-1.jpg

Edited by Mackem

absolutely loved hop farm this year. the people were great the acts were fantastic, give or take a few namely The Eagles.

BUT and its a big BUT for me personally, I didn't go away thinking wow i really missed that place and i cant await to return.

im sure people can understand that magic you feel in side yourself for days after you've been to a major festival, i just didn't feel it at all witch was very supprising and very disappointing.

i would only return if the acts were great again, other than that i can take it or leave. witch isent the case for reading i feel i have to go just because it draws me back every year.