Super Little Festival

Guest Big Jock

Just spent the weekend at Alchemy and what a eye opener,great atmosphere, great people,why can't the big festivals take a few tips from this well run little family festival,even the prices are very reasonable for food and drink,no heavy handed security and everybody just so friendly. Well done to the organisers keep up the good work and when do next years tickets go on sale. :D

Great weekend thank you to everyone attatched to Alchemy for what had to be me for me and my friends one of the most friendliest laid back Festies we have been to for a long time cheap food and beer where also a bonus lots of great Music over the weekend to and we got to see Requestival Sound System twice on Sunday once on the main stage and late on at the solar stage our definate pick of the Weekend what a dj please get them back Alchemy for next year.xx

Up there with the best.

A real festival, just the right size, lovely site, well-organised but with streaks of anarchy running through it... Everyone partied hard but didn't stop caring about each other or their environment... Great music, especially on Kaplick Solar Stage... Blessed with sunshine and rainbows... So glad to be there, what a fantastic end to the season.

Cheers for the invite, Alchemy, and cheers to everyone who stumbled across the 'Ideal Dome' or was drawn in by my twinkly lights and stopped in for a blether and a breather - was lovely to meet or re-meet you :)

Another wonderful Alchemy, thats 9 days of September Alchemy over the 3 years and the sun has shone on all of em!!

I really like Lincolnshire, not a place I have ever ventured over to but definately has a nice feel to it and we may wander back over for a campervan holiday and have a look around..

As said above, lovely people, lovely vibe, lovel energy and cracking performances all weekend. BTTP, Tarantism, Banco De Gaia all highlights..

Haha, the 'mother-of-all-clashes' on Sunday did make my head hurt tho - Techno Hippy vs Tarantism vs Zion Train vs Banco De Gaia...BDG on Jody's rig just couldn't be missed tho...

The new cerfews are just part of life when putting events like this on, don't make any sense but didn't really matter as the music on offer was on for a long period and of high quality so people just started earlier!! [imho, there is no place for a silent disco at a gathering that celebrates bass-laden music and togetherness.]

Some kind of one-pager programme may help the hapless like me to not miss loads of stuff [e.g. 2 Man Ting = Gutted] but I can defo live without it and just try and get better at remembering each year

Can't wait till next year

Well said Flip, really wonderful fest, my first Alchemy but certainly not my last.

Some kind of programme would have been very helpful though, likewise with 2 man ting i forgot they were even on and never saw any sign of Here and Now!

My "mother-of-all-clashes" decision was bad enough before you told me Tarantism were on as well! My decision in the end was made by my feet not my head, so a little listen to Zion Train, then Techno Hippy all the way for me!! :danced::party:

Wasn't sure if u had mis-spelled Techno Hippy or I had, but I certainly wasn't expecting the first definition in here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=techno+hippie

:nono:

Funnily enough i rather enjoyed the silent disco, especially when a friend told me about the magic button on the side to silence the headphones! :banghead:

think i've overdone the emoticons, but it is weepy wednesday!!

2 man Ting were really nice. We'd just grabbed a bite to eat and they were a perfect accompianment to sitting in the sun eating lovely stuff. :beach:

We did miss a lot of stuff too but mostly because we were having too much fun elsewhere. A lot of time lazing in the sun on that mound chatting to randoms and dancing to YMCA :rofl:

Just to echo everyone else's sentiments. Fabulous weekend. Highlights were BTTP (absolutely brilliant!), Rythmites, RDF, Zion Train. Non musical highlight was the rainbow.

2 Man Ting were great and I just managed to catch a few minutes of Poeticat who sounded really good - they were on again, but clashed so had to miss them. Also enjoyed stumbling across The Defekters and Lunajet.

Must also give a mention to the sun for defying the horrendous forecast to bathe us in warmth.

Thought it was great - everything a festival should be and will do again. Had a reply from the Alchemy contact email that Early Bird tickets were avsilsble on web-site but (unless i'm being thick which is more than likely!) I cannot see any link to buy them??

Unavoidably had to leave before the end on sunday so missed Zion Train. Seemed to miss other stuff as well as i need a programme to organise me. Also I never plucked up courage to come and say hello to all you efesters - sorry. Not very good at that. :unsure:

Grandly lovely as usual. Still not too many people, and nicely-laid back security that you could see occasionally dotted around, usually enjoying themselves TBH.

Toilets weren't so clever this year though. A potted plant they may all have had first thing Friday B) , but most weren't treated well alas and they seemed to store for viewing rather than empty properly, if you get me.

Nice one getting the home-brewing bloke doing talks, but next time put him somewhere where I can hear him, not next to the 24-hour doof-doof tent (nice as it was for doof-doof moods).

Really enjoyed my excursions into the Undertone tent, do keep that one.

Enough random stuff wandering around the site. Even more than realised, looking back at the photos.

Loved Tarantism, plenty of good dancing each time.

& re the band times, still oddly part of the beauty of Alchemy that you have to get round the stages each day to see who's one when.

& of course, lovely efest+ crowd to camp with, who'd make the fest good enough even if nothing else got organzied.

Same time next year then. :wub:

Edited by timespeedsup