New to Global Gathering and need help!

Guest TomCicco

Hey,

I'm pretty new to this forum and i posted a similar post to this under other UK festivals a couple of weeks back, but i just found this section and it seems a better place to post it! Anyway, just had a few questions really, me and a few mates are going to global gathering 2012 next year but we have never been, we will be going in a group of 5 and the majority of us will be over 18, however 1 will be only be 17 a couple of weeks away from 18! just wondering how strict the security is on ID he looks the oldest out of all of us as it is and the rest of us will all be over 18 at the time anyway! Also wondering what to expect really, went to our first festival this year which was V and we loved it, wanted to go to a few more including this one next year!

Thanks in advance :)

• 7 months later...

All these over 18 festivals makes me really annoyed!!! They have the best line-ups but are always over 18. Global Gathering looks epic this year Knife Party, Skrillex and Nero etc are playing, possibly the best line-up to a dance festival I have every seen. Being under 18 and with a good three and a half years to go is really quite annoying. Global Gathering, Creamfields and Shakedown all look so good this year but they all seem to be over 18. I understand why over 18 festivals cannot allow under 18 in, but festivals are not clubs and personally shouldn't have age restrictions. And a lot of under 18s love dance music. Global Gathering goers this year enjoy!!