NFL

Ed209

• 2 weeks later...

It was an epic Super Bowl... So close! Either team could of won it!!!

Big Blue made it though :) Operating on three hours sleep here! :D

Madonna was a fucking disaster...

Managed to stay up for it all. I was rooting for the Patriots so it was a shame they couldn't convert that hail mary at the end.

Good game though, and as much as I can't stand Madonna I thought she but on a decent show with guests. Lip synced to death though.

If you like dancing, lights and a cd playing in the background I am sure it would of gone down a right treat...

For me if you are not singing live then I am not interested...

Me neither and havent seen Madge but is it not usually the case at the Superbowl that the band mime to a prerecorded track and the singer sings live?

Me neither and havent seen Madge but is it not usually the case at the Superbowl that the band mime to a prerecorded track and the singer sings live?

Yeah you couldnt have accused Black Eyed Peas of lip syncing last year, but boy that was hideous. Seemed she wanted to prove that she could still dance more than actually give a performance

As for the game, that was really something special. Firstly, Brady's second half drive was astounding to watch, and pretty much shows why he'll go down as one of the greatest. Plus Belichik's trust to give Brady a minute to get a score at the end is a great mark as well. But boy did Welker, Branch and Hernandez let him down there. Gronkowski's limited effectability was certainly a factor.

But as a Giants fan, that First Quarter I was on top of the world. Manning and co looked unstoppable. But when the Pats did shut it down, I was really fearful that things were going to go bad very quickly. Then comes the fourth quarter magic. I was worried being held to two Field goals would really cost us, then somehow Manning, Mannigham, Nicks and Cruz get it done.

That was a great advert for the NFL last night. The Bradshaw touchdown situation pretty much epitomises why I love the sport so much. In no other game do you have to be so alert and at least 3 steps ahead like you do in American Football. Then for it all to come down to one last effort, and a matter of fingertips. Nothing like building the tension for over 3 hours and for it to come down to something like that. Just extraordinary

• Upvote 1

that's the norm for yank football. Even the yanks find it too boring to actually watch even when they're in the stadium. Far more important than the game is the social.

That's just plain rubbish

Great game, another great super bowl. We've been blessed in the last few years. Couldn't care less who won really, just wanted a close game so as a neutral I'm happy.

That half time show was truly awful though

Out of interest, what do people reckon are the best movies on American football?

I watched "Friday Night Lights" for the first time at the weekend and I thought that was really excellent. Really does give a great depiction of what High School Football means to small town Texas (great soundtrack from "Explosions in the Sky" as well.)

Its been a while since I watched Any Given Sunday, don't remember it being too great though, would like to see it again sometime though.

Any others recommendations?

I'm telling what I've personally seen.

Yes I have.

Its just like (association) football in that respect then. The brits find it so boring to watch they need to get pissed up, sing silly songs and fight each other.

Generalising is fun!