NFL

Ed209

I have one space available in my fantasy football league, Draft is Monday at 8pm

League has been transferred to me so looks like its in the first year, it in its 5th and by far the best league ive been apart off

pm me if you want the invite!

• 2 weeks later...

What a game that Bears Packers game turned out to be. Rodgers being carted off injured and everyone thinking "Oh no, not again!!" - The Bears going 20 point up in Green Bay - Mack being an ultimate beast!! - Rodgers coming back into the game and doing what only he does be with a 4th quarter comeback and taking the win...........Unbelievable Geoff! 

Great to see the NFL back............what a sport!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

What a game that Bears Packers game turned out to be. Rodgers being carted off injured and everyone thinking "Oh no, not again!!" - The Bears going 20 point up in Green Bay - Mack being an ultimate beast!! - Rodgers coming back into the game and doing what only he does be with a 4th quarter comeback and taking the win...........Unbelievable Geoff! 

Great to see the NFL back............what a sport!

WOW that's the only I can describe Packers/Bears game!!

I recorded the game and watched it yesterday evening without knowing the score. That comeback was unreal, and I'm a Packers fan so you can imagine my excitement.

NFL is back,  now my life is complete :)  

On 9/11/2018 at 9:25 AM, pryce said:

I hate the Packers and the NFL ha

Packers fans don't know how easy they have it! glide from QB to QB to QB without a care in the world!

but at least Bears showed something for a change...been waiting a while since we looked half decent

Booooo ?

Yes the bears looks impressive, at the least at the first half. I think they will have a decent season, especially with the improved defense. 

The lions are in for a long season this year if the first week is anything to go by, wouldn't like to be in that division.

Pleased with the start of the redskins. Have always liked Alex Smith, so knew what to expect from him, but it's going to be lovely not have the cousin's fear factor this season - never knew when he'd blow a period of good play with a stupid pick. Also nice seeing the cowboys look terrible and the giants lose (who play each other this week for good measure)

Packers vs Vikings game of the week this week though - biggy already.

• 3 weeks later...

Rams vs Vikings was an absolute gun blazing match. I was impressed by the Rams!! it's fair to say that after 4 weeks they are currently the best team in the NFL right now. The Vikings are up there as well, however there tough schedule is not doing them any favors. 

I'm still not sold on Kansas City Chiefs, last year they started 5-0 and then they faded away and barely made it to playoffs. 

Even the Rams haven't fully convinced me yet. Historically, teams that rely on a high scoring offense to outscore opponents eventually come unstuck when they have a few off games. Great defensive teams that steadily improve their offense as the season goes on win championships. I'm intrigued by the Titans and the Bears for this reason. 

• 11 months later...

Had my fantasy draft yesterday morning, which means the NFL season is upon us again! Here's my prediction, which historically are always terrible but oh well:

Falcons v Chiefs superbowl. 

Steelers & Eagles to make the conference finals. 

Browns being the biggest 'must-watch' team is a shock to the system, but i still have them down as struggling to win their division despite the hype. I do think they could make the playoffs though - and actually have 3 from their division making them - Steelers, with the Browns and Ravens as AFC wildcards. 

As per normal I just hope the Patriots crash and burn, but as per normal it wont happen. 

Pats Chiefs Rams Steelers Bears should all be up there one would suggest. But yeah the start of an NFL season is always a learning curve. What high profile names look strange in their new colours? What Rookies will light it up? What Defences all of a sudden are impenetrable? Can’t wait for it. Red Zone all the way! 

Yesss it's NFL kick off day!! Green Bay and Bears to open could not asked for a better opening match.

in the AFC I think Chargers, Texans, Patriots and Chiefs will be the best 4 teams, on the other hand the NFC is way more tough to predict. I hope Green Bay bounce back but they play a in very tough division! I The browns will probably return to the playoffs after quite some time, however I think that the Steelers will still win that division. 

6 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

In the end I think the NFL and anyone watching that could! Not exactly the ideal opener ?

Pretty poor stuff, except for the result (for me anyhow) 

The NFL really do need to look at changing the preseason, 4 long weeks of games to get players ready and none of the starters actually play so are rusty as shit in the openers. Preseason is utterly pointless. 

Not sure how to fix it, but a fix is needed. I know there was talk of making the season 18 games with only 2 for the preseason but the players union aren't having any of that I don't think 

It's been a wild opening wkend, the Browns hype train already took a major blow.

I still can't get around the fact that Antonio Brown ended up with the Patriots! They looked excellent against the Steelers, add AB to Brady's offensive they will be unstoppable, probably only the Chiefs can give them a run for there money in the AFC. 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was at Wembley today, don’t think I’ve seen a worse performance in the flesh than the Jags managed.

I was there as well, really expected a close game going in. Really disappointed by Minshew after all the good talk he's been getting this season, think we may see Foles back starting next week

• 2 months later...

Being a Pats fan, not too pleased with the results this weekend. Can't have any complaints though, our offence hasn't been good enough all year.

Really good games overall though, my only correct prediction was the Texans win. Amazed the Viks won, having Cook and Thielen back really benefits them. 

Going to go Ravens to win overall now, had Saints originally.