NFL

Ed209

Good start to the season by Miami, bossed the Patriots on both sides of the ball. Only stupid turnovers in the first half to complain about.

Bills Fins will be interesting next week..........AFC East could be one hell of a competitive division this year.

NFC West (even with the ridiculously good Hawks) and NFC North could be tight ones too. Shame Bradford is out for the season, as it looked as if the Rams were ready to maybe take a step or two in the right direction

Im just surprised Romo and Garrett have lasted as long as they have. Jerry Jones comes across as the type of owner who has little patience. Maybe my perception of him is way off

If Cowboys have a losing record by week 8 I think Garrett could be for the chop.

Romo is a running joke. He actually throws up very good stats, but never gets the job done when its needed. Would also think this has to be Romo's last go at getting to the playoffs. But then people have been thinking that for a little while.

They said that in 2007 :D

Hey the G-men are modern day masters at being piss poor in the regular season but getting hot when it matters. All that matter is that you get to the playoffs. Defo two of the worst teams to win the Super Bowl in recent years. However I defo dont seen any wild cards in the NFC East this year (anything can happen off course, as it is American football). The Wild Cards will be going North and West I reckon, if one of those Divisions does not take both.

I don't think Jerry Jones has necessarily been a rash or impatient GM/owner, just one who makes consistently poor decisions. Having someone like Garrett in there suits him because he's essentially a vassal who will tolerate Jones' interference, he's always clashed with strong coaches who fight that. I suppose if the season is going badly he'll have to get rid of Garrett to save face but it'll just be another dummy taking his place.

I don't think Jerry Jones has necessarily been a rash or impatient GM/owner, just one who makes consistently poor decisions. Having someone like Garrett in there suits him because he's essentially a vassal who will tolerate Jones' interference, he's always clashed with strong coaches who fight that. I suppose if the season is going badly he'll have to get rid of Garrett to save face but it'll just be another dummy taking his place.

I dont know. Wade Phillips was hardly someone who would have pushed back at/challenged Jones, yet he canned him very quickly IMO for Garrett during a season that would have been his only loosing season as 'Boys HC. Yes they only had one win in 8 games, but it was still only a half a bad season. Also, Wade had got to the playoffs twice with them, and missed out by only a half a game the other year. Most significantly to me he was HC when they won their only Playoff game they have won since 96. Yet the next season, a run a poor form and it was bye bye, hence Im surprised Garrett is still there with his awful record.

• 3 weeks later...

So week 5 is almost done and this season is taking a strange shape so far (a reason to love the NFL)

So many swings. So many Prime Time blow outs. Ugly tight games yesterday.

So far I was very wrong about the NFC East considering only 3 teams have won 4 and two of them are in the NFC East! (the Chargers being the other)

I have no idea what the hell is going on with the Saints, but they got away with murder last night to avoid 4 losses out of 5.

Romo seems to be able to currently do the good stuff he can and avoid the "Womo" stuff he is infamous for and displayed in Wk 1. Lets see how their trip to Seattle goes next week.

The NFC W is as tight as I thought is would be, but there are more losses in the first few games then I thought there would be. 49ers are wobbly enough, but still 3-2.

The Chargers are looking pretty hot at the moment. Norv aint there, but will that prevent them of going their usual way of looking good in a regular season only to crash in the post? That history of theirs is on Rivers as well as Norv Turner. I smell crash.................

One thing is certain, the Jets are still the Jets! :lol:

The Packers had a tough first 5 game schedule with an away game to the Hawks and 3 division games, but they have come through it 3-2 so not a bad result TBF. There is still massive questions to be asked of their run defense and running game, but both have shown they can do something when they get going. Its now a matter of consistency and can they achieve that? Both the Bears and Lions losses last night helped the Pack have a great week.

IMO There is no outstanding team(s) as yet, so predicting the SB is still difficult enough, but Old Man Peyton not slowing up has to be noted. I reckon the AFC could be Broncos V Colts and the NFC Packers V Hawks

All 4 may get no where near it! (thats the NFL)

Enjoying the season so far, but the 1st game in London was pretty God Damn crap and I dont think Sky show that over a Packers/Bears game if it aint in London.