NFL

Ed209

True, although apart form Cleveland (who have two first round picks so could use their later one) those 'desperate' teams have perfectly servicable incumbant QBs who could free those teams to pick up a decent propect in the second round or maybe wait until next year. The QBs this year aren't so good that these teams will absolutely have to take them, especially with the quailty available in other areas.

Manziel is one of those enigmas that if he does slide he'll still get picked up by a team who may not necessarily be looking for a first-round QB but who are enticed by what he offers (I think Dallas and Arizona both pick in the late teens and have ageing QBs).

I've never watched the draft live before, hopefully I'll be able to this year (at least the first round anyway) so quite looking forward to it.

The QBs this year aren't so good that these teams will absolutely have to take them, especially with the quality available in other areas.

This is my point. JM and his fellow QBs are not that good and should not really be spoken about as high draft picks. Yet the JM hype machine, mainly coming for JM himself and affecting the media as a result, is influencing his draft stock in a very positive way. Remember Tebow? Lets not forget that he was drafted in the first round. Quite laughable at the time. Friggin God Damn hilarious right now! Jesus obviously has better plans for Tim. He can preach more if a TV analyst and not actually playing the game

I've never watched the draft live before, hopefully I'll be able to this year (at least the first round anyway) so quite looking forward to it.

Its not that great. I usually go to bed and look at it via twitter. Problem is Im a Packers fan so it take ages to get to their 1st round pick usually. The dealing and moving around the board during it can be very interesting however.

Heh yeah I have been thinking about Tebow in relation to Manziel, with all this obsession over his leadership and 'X factor'. At least Manziel has legitimate skills, Tebow shouldn't have been anywhere near the first round.

Heh yeah I have been thinking about Tebow in relation to Manziel, with all this obsession over his leadership and 'X factor'. At least Manziel has legitimate skills, Tebow shouldn't have been anywhere near the first round.

Without doubt. JM is a far better prospect but he is not even the best QB prospect in the draft. He is just the most hyped. And it was that sort of hype that saw Tebow earn some crust in his first year with the Denver Donkeys

Starting my first game as tight-end for the Portsmouth Dreadnoughts this Sunday in the BAFA National South-West league. Playing the Bournemouth Bobcats.

Should be a great experience and am looking forward to playing a full game.

Fair balls to ya. I was invited to play for a team here in Dublin but declined saying my age and fitness level would not even allow me to be the punter!

There is absolutely no way Manziel will last til the 2nd round, there's too many QB needy teams and with only 3 (arguably 4 including Carr) decent looking QB's in the draft they'll go thick and fast. I wouldn't be suprised at all if Manziel, Bortles and Bridgewater go in the first 5 picks.

I think Manziel has proved his work ethic (more so than Clowney and Bridgewater anyway) over the past couple of months by doing his workouts and a few at the combine too, he is undoubtedly exciting to watch.

The issue with Manziel is that although he is a very exciting player to watch, his passing game just looked better than it was because of his receivers in my opinion. Evans is a beast, in my head he should go before Watkins but given all the hype surrounding Watkins I doubt it will happen.

It'll be interesting to see who goes where, I cant see the Texans passing on Clowney, but if they pass on him for anyone it'll be Manziel. They need a QB, he has strong Texas ties and he's made it quite clear he'd like to play for them. It'll also be very interesting who the Rams choose as they've said they're smitten with their current QB but aren't scared to take a chance on one, which makes no sense at all!

I have to agree, a pass rushing combo of Clowney and JJ Watt has to be a terrifying combination for any offense to face which is exactly why I think they'll go with Clowney over Manziel.

#1 Clowney

#2 Watkins

#3 Manziel

#4 Bortles

#5 Bridgewater

Being a Dolphins fan I just want our o-line to be drastically updated. Maybe another receiver. Our defense is strong and we got a strong signing with Moreno in free agency so i'm pretty happy with how we're proceeding.

Bridgewater won't go top 5, he's plummeting rapidly. He'll be lucky to go in the first round at the moment, which is wrong looking at his skillset but the combination of his hyoe coming six months early and a terrible pro-day has him in a bit of a pickle.

I think he will, 4 out of the 5 first picks need a QB, there's not just gonna be one pop out of the woodwork.

I will agree his practically non-existent combine performance etc. will have knocked him back a bit though. Which is why he's behind Bortles in my list.

Edited by TheJackson

Need is no reason to over look the best player on the board available to you when you go to draft. If any of the top 5 draft a QB I would very much question their GMs, unless the trade down to meet the need and get something in return for passing on talent. None of the QBs in this draft are good enough for high draft position and you dont want to give your competition an advantage by getting top talent that you passed on

Yeah the other talent out there is too good, two tackles and Khalil Mack (who I think is a LB but could play DE) should be going ahead of the QBs. I can see one of Cleveland/Jacksonville/Oakland maybe taking a QB top 5 but I think Tampa and Minnesota are more likely to pick them up at 7 and 8.

2 days until the draft! :D I have nowhere to be on Friday so I've decided I'll stay up and watch it live.

I'd be surprised if Clowney isn't taken first, although I can see someone trading up to get him. Clowney and JJ Watt would undoubtedly be fearsome, but they need a QB more than anything.

As for my Cardinals, we need a SS, a stud TE, a QB for the future, an ILB and an RT.

We undoubtedly had more concerns on the offense last year, if Ebron falls to 20 I'd snap him up. With Floyd, Fitz and Ginn Jr., Ebron would slot in perfectly and give Carson a lot more options. I highly doubt he will though.

I expect they'll go linebacker in the first round. Desperately thin at ILB with Dansby chasing the money. We're looking at Daryl Washington and last year's second rounder Kevin Minter as starters this year with no real back up. Add in the real possibility that Washington is gonna miss some games through suspension and it's a massive need

This draft just has so much depth though that I have no idea where they'll go. Fun innit :D

Unsure whether to watch it on Sky or on NFL Network via gamepass.

Pretty sure I read that Sky are having the network coverage with Eisen, Mayock et al. and they'd just go to the Sky studio during American ad breaks. If that's the case, it should be fine.

Edited by Andeeroo

I will not be watching or following it this year as Im up at 5am Friday morning.

I think most of the "build up" on Sky is non studio crap. A doc with Andrew Luck and a review of last years draft I think.

Whatever about watching Kevin for long just thank the Lord Jesus Christ that Cecil friggin Martin is not in studio. If he can get tonsillitis for the whole of next season it would be a very good year irrespective of what happens ball wise!

Yeah if Cleveland don't take him at #4 (which I don't think they will, they'll use the #26 pick on Bridgewater or Carr) I'd imagine one of Tampa, Minnesota or Tennessee will grab him before the Cowboys are up.

My money is on the Viks but they could go for Bortles over him also. Their QB situation has been ridiculous since Farve finally got injured

The Buccs I reckon will feel they are OK with Glennon and McCown for now and not pass up on some proper talent in the 1st round, unless the Glazers stick their beaks in and want him for the gate receipts

I would love to see an early run on QBs. It simply means more good talent will drop to nearer the bottom of the round and may even hit 21.........fingers crossed

However I would not be surprised if some of the "QB needing teams" draft talent first and then maybe trade back into the first round lower down to get a QB