NFL

Ed209

After The Colts wouldnt renew his contract, the big news is Peyton Manning has gone to the Broncos.

Unsure what will happen to Tebow, I'm guessing staying or moving are both possible. Disappearing into obscurity would be my preference

I would say that's the exact opposite of what will happen at the (most over-hyped team in the league) Jets...

Crazy couple of days, the Saints bans are just the cream on top.

Flynn to the Seahawks is the big news for me. We've had the youngest team in the league for 2 seasons now and we've lacked a starting quarterback. He's got some quality stats from his 2 games. But that's 2 games. This league is all about QBs now though so he'll have lots of weapons, not least of all 'The Beast'.

Reckon we'll oust San Fran from the division top spot this year. And dudes, it's San Fran. The worst supporters in the league. Spoilt bastards. It's all that sun. They live on a huge beach surrounded by mountains and the sea. What do you expect. Check out Seattle next time Neil. Loudest ground in the world (scientifically verified!).

yeah, Tebow to the jets for a 4th round draft pick!? They've just added a 3 year extension to Sanchez's contract. How the hell is that going to work?

Apparently the Jets didn't read the contract properly and are now trying to get out of it.

yeah, Tebow to the jets for a 4th round draft pick!? They've just added a 3 year extension to Sanchez's contract. How the hell is that going to work?

4th and a 6th from what I've seen. Trading Tebow as a 3rd and short or option QB could work but this all seems like a way to deflect publicity and attention from Sanchez in the hope that it'll improve him.

As a Dolphins fan, I'm starting to see the logic of trading away a Pro-Bowl reciever. Why have a reciever if you don't have a QB? Matt Moore or David Garrard under centre next year. Matt Moore looked decent, but not someone to build a franchise around.

Quick points; Bears have gone really under the radar but look scarily good. San Fran did well to not lose anyone. Brandon Lloyd could be in for a huge year. Three year Wembley deal for Rams is looking like good business for 2013 and 2014. Seahawks will push San Fran, but NFC West will be very competitive.

Still fancying the Texans for next year.

Seahawks will push San Fran, but NFC West will be very competitive.

It'd be the first time in, like, ever.

Could see you ending up with Tavaris. Such is the fate and style of the Dolphins lately i.e. utter madness.

Edited by worm

It'd be the first time in, like, ever.

Could see you ending up with Tavaris. Such is the fate and style of the Dolphins lately i.e. utter madness.

Thankfully, the QB thing might be over now with Moore and Garrard, otherwise you'd be on to something. In all likelyhood we're second in line for Tannehill though so if the Browns don't take him, think we might.

It's been a shocking free agency so far, even by Dolphin standards. All in on Manning was worth a shot but not getting Flynn despite having Philbin raises real questions about what management are doing and more importantly, how they're doing it.

Bears have signed Michael Bush. At least their third great pick up of free agency, if they sort our their lines (and sign back Forte despite really pissing him off), they'll be in the running for the NFC.

Bears have signed Michael Bush. At least their third great pick up of free agency, if they sort our their lines (and sign back Forte despite really pissing him off), they'll be in the running for the NFC.

Hard division though.

very very happy with what the Bears have done this offseason

and with our high draft picks which hopefully will go towards the Oline then i can be quietly confident

waiting for the fixtures now.... im hoping the San Francisico away date is a decent one as i have that one marked down to go to next season

Hard division though.

But overall a decent schedule next year. NFC West and AFC South (and Cowboys and Panthers) Can fairly easily go 10-6

Before Cutler and Forte got injured they were only behind the Saints and Packers in NFC terms last year. Now they've got a big WR target and backups in place if the O-line gives up a few sacks and Cutler inevitably goes down.

Wasn't expecting Giants Cowboys to open the season on Sept 5th. Was thinking Giants Packers or 49ers.

161 days.

Wasn't expecting Giants Cowboys to open the season on Sept 5th. Was thinking Giants Packers or 49ers.

161 days.

Still too long! The choice of game doesn't surprise me at all; the game is on NBC and they bum the NFC East whenever they possibly can. I know it makes marketing sense & the games not involving the Redskins are usually close... but it gets boring.

The owners have approved the new overtime rules to be used in the regular season this year- so it's only a matter of time before something screwy happens!

• 4 months later...

ahhh ... yeah, my main interest will be in Packers and Cowboys games which probably get quite a lot of air time too. Do you know what channels they show them on Sky Sports? I'm thinking of getting BTVisions cus its cheaper than sky, but you can only SS1 and SS2 on it ...

anyway .....

3 weeks to go :)

What are people's predictions?

Really haven't been paying attention to the off-season.

gutted cus cowboys start with three games on the road which means I will have moved back to the UK before they have a game at the cowboys stadium. Would have liked one final trip there. Can't be fucked with preseason games, they look crap.

Feel sorry for you mate. Oh, no, hang on, I don't. Jammy bastard!

Dare I say that The Hawks are looking good with their new quarterbacks. Three very different styles and Carroll loves to mix shit up. And the defense was looking immense anyway. Browner scored another touchdown from an interception in the first pre-season game. Stolen from Hasselbeck too. Good signs.

As a big College football fan, I'm excited about seeing how Luck and RG3 respond to the NFL. Luck will be comfortable I'm sure, but not expecting any kind of massive season from the Colts.

RG3 in Washington really excites me. Boom or bust, he's an extraordinary athlete. I sense that the Skins know how to use him at this level, considering they traded a huge amount up to pick him 2nd overall

Then of course there will be the sideshow in the Jets camp to keep an eye on. Failure to make the play-offs and Rex Ryan is as good as gone

Edited by Alcatraz

i have high hopes for the bears and a deep playoff run... end up getting beat by the packers again though ughhh

cutler and marshall to really work well with each other and with forte signed up as well im very excited

hopefully Urlacher returns from injury... am looking forward to the 49ers game at candlestick park! will be there :D

bias aside im going for a Eagles vs Patriots superbowl

i also think Manning wont play for more than 3 games and his neck will give way.

Hawks won again, this time in Denver. Wilson is looking good. As is the defense, picking off Manning 3 times in the first half. The second and third string running backs also impressed. Thde Beast hasn't been needed. The WR core looked the most redeeming feature this season on paper, but they've been dropping quite a bit.

All looking awesome. Watch out SF.

Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, Bush, Hester all looked brilliant against washington

hopes and expectations increasing slightly. still think we will have to get a wildcard because green bay will win the division but you never know

im also going too Raiders vs Saints ... that may be slightly one sided

• 3 weeks later...

Great season opener and Romo actually looked awesome last night!

Cowboys O-line looked suspect and twitchy but their D was really good, Carr and Claiborne look like good additions. Dallas was a happy place last night. No one could quite believe they managed to close that game out