NFL

Ed209

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cowboys have been woeful in december. They really didn't deserve a playoff place. Fair play to the Giants, they seem to be putting it together at the right time and Eli is playing very well at the moment. Can't really see beyond the Packers for the NFC though, although their defence has looked a little suspect all season.

I'm going for a Pats - Packs Superbowl. Brady and Rodgers have been the two best QBs this season. that'll be a great superbowl if it happens

That sounds amazing!!

Also see theyre expecting 20,000 Notre Dame fans or so, so maybe a more genuine atmosphere than we get at Wembley.

Also seen they're turning Temple Bar into the tailgate party on the Saturday and having a warm up gig at the o2. Some fans have also got together and got the money to bring over the entire Notre Dame marching band too.

Tickets are 30 or 50 euros depending on where you're sitting according to the link sent out to some BUAFL teams too.

My predictions from hereon in;

Houston & New Orleans to win comfortably at home, they're just the better teams.

Atlanta to beat the Giants in a close one, Steelers to shut down Tebow and hopefully not make too many mistakes offensively.

Which leads to, I think;

Green Bay beating Atlanta,

New Orleans squeaking past San Francisco, which could even come down to what the weather does,

Patriots probably beating the Steelers sadly,

Ravens beating Houston.

From then on its a crap shoot, but I'll say New England beating Green Bay in the Superbowl. At least I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Oh ffs! For once, I really hope Brady destroys a team next week.

For the first time in my life, I want Brady to win a game. Props to Denver for daring to play a long passing game, was probably the only way they were going to win last night. Steelers D was just awful though - the OT play summed it all up.

Not that I expected us to get much further - we haven't played well since the Patriots/Ravens games in mid-November. It gives Ben a few more weeks to heal up for next year at least!

Prediction for next week; all the home teams to win, except San Francisco.

Watched the BCS Championship game yesterday between Alabama and LSU. Alabama were excellent, only letting LSU into their half a couple of times in the whole game. The Alabama QB AJ McCarron is a future star in the making,along with Hightower and Gawtry in defense. No idea why LSU perserved with Jefferson at QB all game as he had a shocker.

Watched the BCS Championship game yesterday between Alabama and LSU. Alabama were excellent, only letting LSU into their half a couple of times in the whole game. The Alabama QB AJ McCarron is a future star in the making,along with Hightower and Gawtry in defense. No idea why LSU perserved with Jefferson at QB all game as he had a shocker.

I watched it too. LSU were woeful offensively. I don't remember them putting a single drive together. Very disappointing final

I watched it too. LSU were woeful offensively. I don't remember them putting a single drive together. Very disappointing final

Glad Alabama won as them and Auburn are my favourite college teams after my dad worked over in Alabama State when I was a younger and brought back some Crimson Tide and Tigers mechandise. Won last 3 BCS games

So I see this years Heisman winner, Robert Griffin III, will enter the draft this year. Now the Tebow experiment makes this interesting, because there's no doubt that Griffin could run a Tebow style offence. What is more, RG3 has a considerably stronger arm than Timmy. Griffin's certainly a guy who excites me as an NFL prospect. Luck still the best QB in there though.

Sad news for Baylor though. Theyve come out of nowhere under Griffin

What a game. Neither side deserved to lose. Awesome last quarter, 4TDs with the lewad changing hands 4 times. Brees's arm is like a cannon especially for the 66yd TD but Smith trumped him with a TD with 9 seconds left. Considering I was not expecting anything from the 49rs considering the past 15 years of mediocrity, I am amazed that they are now in the conference championship game.

Patriots-Broncos game is looking good so far as well

Fuck Eli and fuck the Giants. Packers were awful tonight though :(

And as mentioned, got a lot of favourable calls. You could also tell that quite a few Packers hadn't played in three weeks too.

For all people are claiming that it's an offense driven league, 3 of the 4 teams left are quite defensively driven and it was turnovers that dictated 3 of the games. If Houston and New Orleans don't turn the ball over as much, they win. Similar for Green Bay.

Baltimore were awful yesterday offensively against what admittedly is a superb defence. Completely predictable offense. They'll get destroyed next weekend.

Really pissed off about it...

The Rams are a nothing side... The concept that they will get a UK following I think is really weak idea...

To be honest I am just pissed it isn't the Giants coming over every year for three years :)

Like there was any chances of that happening with their new stadium :P According to one site, by the schedule, there is a (small) chance of them being the away team in 2014.

No chance of the Steelers coming over sadly... Of all the teams right now, the Rams are in the bottom few of who Id like to see (and this years game will likely be a blow out), but they have the building blocks in place to be a good team in the years to come. In any case, I'd rather see a failed London franchise than yet another failed LA franchise.

Predictions for the weekend? Common opinion seems to be Pats & Giants, but I fancy the 49ers.

Like there was any chances of that happening with their new stadium :P According to one site, by the schedule, there is a (small) chance of them being the away team in 2014.

No chance of the Steelers coming over sadly... Of all the teams right now, the Rams are in the bottom few of who Id like to see (and this years game will likely be a blow out), but they have the building blocks in place to be a good team in the years to come. In any case, I'd rather see a failed London franchise than yet another failed LA franchise.

Predictions for the weekend? Common opinion seems to be Pats & Giants, but I fancy the 49ers.

There's a good reason Fisher picked the Rams over every other team; short of an O-Lineman or two, offensively they're pretty sound when everyone's fit. Defensively they're a way off, but there's no reason that can't be resolved with a few pick ups here and there. If Bradford can get a good season under his belt and pick someone up to partner Brandon Lloyd, they'll be an entertaining team to watch. The LA/London thing is definitely on, holding only 7 games in LA for a season or two would improve the chances of them ending up there.

I think this potentially increases the chances of two games coming over. Have the Rams as the regular game, throw another in at the start of the season. Most chance of the Steelers coming over is a Dublin game due to the history and heritage.

Don't have clue about this weekend, could go anywhere. Pats Giants superbowl prediction. Can make an equally good case for a Harbaugh bowl though too.

It's annoyed me that the NFL presume that no one in the UK have an affinity with teams and they are attempting to force one upon us by selecting a longer term London team in the Rams. By profiling different teams each year it allows newcomers to the sport a chance to naturally pick a team. If the support is organically formed, for example by watching a great performance at Wembley, then it is more likely to last.

As for tonight... Hoping for a 49ers victory but its gonna be a hell of a close match like last week. Can't see past the Patriots in the AFC, the Ravens don't have the defence to stop Brady